• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota 3.0 question

The rig is worth what some dumbass(?) is willing to pay. Anything 3.0 aint worth crap.

Very true, They sell for 1,000 to 1,200 all the time for fairly clean ones.

People try and get 1,500 + all the time but I usually see them on Cl for months.

I agree kinda. the 3.0 has it's problems for sure. But what engine doesn't? The 22R also has problems. It's just way way easier to pull and much cheeper to fix.

That pic you have there shows some serious neglect. That doesn't happen like " I was sitting at the stop light in my well taken care of 3.0 and boom"

No that story usually is preceded by "I pulled RIGHT over" :rolleyes:

IF you had the money I'd say find someone who can slap a set of HG's in and then sell it running cuz it's worth more to you that way.

I love guys that cut the 3.0 down and tell you what a POS it is. Its usually one that owns a 22r and has already put a head/head gasket on it already for the same rotted out head problem. A 3.0 will launch a rod if hydrolocked from being rolled, thast about the only difference.

Wait, I just remembered, all the 22rs I have ever owned (including two I drive/own now) KNOCK all the time and ARE going to blow up at any time.:mad:

When all the 3.0s I have ever owned have spent half of thier life on the rev limmiter and dont give a ****, they just sing at 6000.:corn:

ANY ALUMINUM HEADED ENGINE IS JUNK IN THE HANDS OF A REDNECK.:redneck:

MY 22r doesn't knock, but the valve springs aren't strong enough for the oversized valves, so it sounds like a pissed off sewing machine over 3.5-4k rpm. :haha:

Latest posts