• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota A/C to OBA

bigred_086

I'm looking for do's and don'ts on this a/c compressor,I have a air tank that i will be useing,Pics or If you live close enough I would like to see what you did.:hi:

I run mine with a 10 gallon tank between the frame rails where the spare used to be. It has a pressure switch set at 90 psi, pop off valve set at 125psi. I used a pre lube on the inlet side ATF with a filter. The tank has a drain and Air chuck installed, the primary air chuck is located in the Grille. Seems to work pretty good for what it is, I dont seem to like running it for extended periods of time but thats just because I'm used to having a York 210.

Good Luck!

I cant remember the brand, it came off of my EngersollRand A/C. You can get something like it from harbor freight i'm sure. As far as the quality goes I dont know.

York AC compressor, no pre-oiler needed. Air intake for compressor is routed up to the engine air cleaner. Pressure side goes through a air/water separator on the firewall, then back to a removable 7 gallon tank behind the rear seat. I made it that way so was not limited to just what I could reach with air lines. Between the separator and the tank, I have a Tee installed, with the line going to a pressure switch under the dash and a pressure gauge. My electrical comes from a switched 12v source, through a toggle switch, then to the pressure switch, then on to the compressor clutch. Simple, effective, and didn't cost a lot. I can run a 1/2" impact off of it at a slightly higher idle. Tank goes from 0 to 120psi in about 45 seconds. :corn:

Ive got a 210 and the stock AC bracket to mount it to my engine sitting in the shed, I need to get around to getting that crap mounted so I can have some air for the trails.

My plan was to have a tank under the bed with a shutoff valve (in case its damaged I could still run straight off the compressor), in dash pressure gauge, three way toggle (compressor on, off, and auto on with pressure switch), pressure switch, air/water separator, release valve, disconnects up front, and one on each side, blah blah.

~T.J.

York AC compressor, no pre-oiler needed. Air intake for compressor is routed up to the engine air cleaner. Pressure side goes through a air/water separator on the firewall, then back to a removable 7 gallon tank behind the rear seat. I made it that way so was not limited to just what I could reach with air lines. Between the separator and the tank, I have a Tee installed, with the line going to a pressure switch under the dash and a pressure gauge. My electrical comes from a switched 12v source, through a toggle switch, then to the pressure switch, then on to the compressor clutch. Simple, effective, and didn't cost a lot. I can run a 1/2" impact off of it at a slightly higher idle. Tank goes from 0 to 120psi in about 45 seconds. :corn:

Yeah, go with a York, otherwise you're wasting your time. IMO.

Trust me. Those rotary pumps don't last long with that type of use.

:fawkdancesmiley:

Attachments

• 131448B_XL.jpg
    131448B_XL.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 121
I used a toy ac pump for a while that I bought off of crash. He had built his own oil trap and it worked pretty good. Keep it oiled and it can last.

I am happy with my york now though.

works good for me accept for my ailing pressure switch. williams filters in fife has the stuff u need. in order, filter,oiler,copper line out, manifold with one way valve,pressure switch,gauge, filter,then the tank {2- 2 gallon side by side linked together off of a little roofing compressor} that has a pop off valve and drain,tube from tank to back of rig with a chuck.this was with the stock a/c pump,and i toggled it so if the swithch failed it wouldn't run all the time, mine hits 80psi as soon as the switch is turned on and pumps up to 120psi were i set it at.

Last edited:
just east of the tacoma dome, on the same side of i-5 as the dome, kitty corner from an am-pm gas station,just a block from the green over pass that takes you to camping world. it's on puyallup st.

Latest posts