• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota Ac pump for on board air?help

dove'd85

my toyota has AC i took all the ac out except for the pump, now how to i make it work for on board air? thanks

james

you might get ahold of toyparts, i remember him showing me a nifty setup he made, along with an onboard welder from an alternator.

basically i think you can just plumb the outlet for an air line, and put an inline oiler on the intake to keep the compressor from burning up. if all you want to do is use it for airing up tires. if you want to add a tank you should install a pressure switch to kick the clutch out to keep the tank from getting over pressurized.

I built mihne with a recirculating oil system because the toy pumps do not have any kind of oil bath like a york.

an ARB switch works great for the switch , turns the comp on at 80 psi and shuts it off at 100 psi. mount the switch on top of the pipe as moisture can short out the switch and blow **** up. they cost about 20 dollars and they will mail it right to your door. i use a fire extinguisher for an air tank holds about 2 1/2 gallons.

did you guys get that 44 apart last night?

If you dont want to piece together your setup FROR used to sell a kit that came with everything you need for a decent price. I couldnt find it on their new website but you might want to give them a call.(970) 881-2418

hip- yea we got it apart. thanks for the help!

i don't mind peicing my air system together, i just need to know how, so i have the ac pump on the belt on, now what do i do? do i just run a line from the pump? i want to run the air to all four corners...can i just run air lines to all four?

well yes you could. most people add a air tank so you have a little volume. when setting a bead on the trail you will need a large volume of air initially to get the beads to seat. also helps if you ever need to run air tools.

so the route is on the sucksion side of the pump put some kind of filter to keep out the chunks of dirt. its real nice to add some type of oil induction.

on the discharge side of the compressor use at leat three feet of the original ac hose as the outlet gets real hot and the original hose is designed to take the heat. then you can plump it to an air tank and off the air tank you will want a switch and and Quick Disconnect to put your air hose to for airing up.

i have a simple drawing at home of a basic air system. i think if you go to pirate there is an article in the tech article section that shows a basic system also.

or next time you come over ill show you how i did mine.

I utilized a mopar v-twin a/c compressor, my rear bumper is the air tank. It's worked really well for many years now

when i first bought my truck the rear bumper was an air tank... i took it off...but luckly i still have it... maybe i can make that work.... do i just run a line from the pump to the tank and then 4 lines out of the tank? would i mount a preasure switch inbetween the tank and the pump? and how should i do the oiling system?

dove'd85 said:
when i first bought my truck the rear bumper was an air tank... i took it off...but luckly i still have it... maybe i can make that work.... do i just run a line from the pump to the tank and then 4 lines out of the tank? would i mount a preasure switch inbetween the tank and the pump? and how should i do the oiling system?

There's a little more to it than that, such as a pressure switch, air/oil seperator, fresh air intake and mounting, but yes you run a single line to the tank. I'm not sure about the four lines out of the tank, I have a female air connector for a hose to attach to.