• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota aftermarket housing?

stuftmunky2k

So the story goes my front housing is all bent like a pretzel. Problem is I already have a brand new High Pinion front 3rd sitting in the box and a brand spanking new set of rcvs shafts for the Toyota front. The issue im having is finding a good quality aftermarket housing to replace this stock one with. Blown up diamond axle all day cant get them to answer the phone but they will reply to an email but said they are 4-6 weeks out. Ruff stuff isn't currently taking orders for there Toyota housings. Trail gear well I really would rather go back to factory housing then run what they have. So my question is am I missing a company that makes aftermarket housings for Toyotas or am I just **** out of luck and need to wait the 4-6 weeks with diamond and keep fingers crossed I can wheel by june. Any input or if anyone has a housing floating around let me know.

just my past experience with dealing with them puts a sour taste in my mouth. granted they are really good about answering the phone though I give them that much.

no particular beef with there housing. got a brand new doubler from them and the shift forks on the rear case wouldn't line up so the shifter wouldn't float between the shift rails in neutral. wanted me to send the case clear back to them or take a grinder to the shifter or the new shift rails. wanted me to pay shipping both ways to fix the problem. was just a poor way of the handling the situation, in the end I took a grinder to my shifter and made it work and ended up throwing twin sticks in to fix the problem at my expense. I will be ordering a housing from them and giving that a try im tired of bending the stock housings so we will see what happens. just kills me the money you spend with a company and how they handle the problems blows me away. that and im the type of person you screw me over once that's all it takes.

may want to check this tread before buy a TG housing

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/1906105-rock-assault-jig-issue-check-yours.

IMG_20141031_132403_zps829638c8.jpg

IMG_20141031_132611_zpsd8e9c547.jpg

have you checked it? I ran one of their first batch of rear housings for years till I swapped to one tons, I never checked mine.

placed my order today with daves offroad. we will see what happens when the housing comes in. really wanted a diamond but he's to far out on his lead time and honestly im just to impatient to wait that long should have done a little more digging into my junk so I wouldn't be in this situation this close to wheeling season. but that's life. getting nice outside ready to beat the crap out of this thing.