• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota axle install prob

quartz

I installed new Marlin heavy duty front axle seals today on a 85 toy pu. The previous owner installed a Birfield eliminator kit. Now I cant push the axle through the seal. The old seal wasnt a Marlin just a stock seal.
The Marlin seal slipped right over the axle before installing it.
Help?

did you get the seal in the correct direction? also it could be the tolerances are different between the old seal and the new seal.

The new seal has a flange on it so it will only go in one direction and comparing a new heavy duty seal to a new stock seal there are no obvious diameter differense and both seem to fit on the axle the same before installing them. The seal is deeper and could be coming in contact with the bronze sleeve that is installed in the axle to accomodate the non birfield axle.
I'll call Marlin tomorrow.
Thanks

with the birf eliminator kit there is a bushing in the inside the axle tube right after the seal so the axle has somthing to ride on you have to push that busing out towads your 3rd member to take it out of the housing i know ther is another seal looking thing but you dont need that when it comes out keep it out all you need it the new seal

ok i read all of your posts i know what the issue is that brass bushing isnt big enough to fit a birfield style axle so it has to come out then your axle will fit just fine

call me anyway

Latest posts