• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Brake Rotor ?

easleycrawler

Yota Freak
I'm getting ready to do a major rebuild on my front axle, solid axle with ifs brakes. I have no idea what model rotors, calipers. My question is. Are the calipers the same on all ifs trucks, 1986-1994?

There are 2 different calipers for ifs trucks. V6 has four larger pistons, 4cyl has two large and 2 smaller pistons. I have seen certain steel rims rub on the fins of the larger v6 caliper. IIRC I used 81 fj40 vented rotors on my 84 sfa when I built it, hope this helps.

Re:

Details in my build thread

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27862.0

You can also buy the brackets from front range off road if you want to run Tacoma calipers also (if you are buying calipers also...)

What size wheels are you running?

easleycrawler said:
I'm running 15" wheels.

Ok was just going to say if you run 15s, and were going to use the tacoma calipers, make sure and get 15" tacoma brakes ( they have different size brakes for each wheel size)

Some white guys writeup on pirate should tell you anything I missed. I think I copied his setup

Oh, and ifs truck calipers aren't necessarily "4cyl" and "v6" brakes, later model (92? - up) 4cyl trucks had the bigger calipers. Not sure on the cutoff year. It's real obvious which is which when you look at the caliper.

You are also running 3" spacers arent you?

Im running the rotors and calipers off of a V6 4runner...in the 97 model range. All i did was move the calipers to the other side of the mounting ears and used a washer to space them off and center them up with the rotors. I also had to spend some time with the grinder reducing the OD of the ifs wheel hub so the rotor would slide over. My way we as the cheap and functional route. I believe i used the same parts as what TBItoy did.

All mine cam3 from the pull a part.

easleycrawler said:
Not for much longer.

Thanks for all the info.

Ok...spill the beans...whatcha got planned? I know the 6 shooters are ready for install but that doesnt get rid of the spacers...

Nope not yet. Been working like a dog... I did order some upgrade parts this week though. So hoping to get started on that in the next few weeks