• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear brake line setup for truggy?

Luke205

Just inherited a shitty truggy and one thing it needs is rear brake lines.
The hard line at the back of the cab is broke right at the cab. Nothing else is there after that, no hard lines on the axle housing or anything.

The rear is triangulated 4 link. What would the best way to do it be?
I've thought about running more hard line to right over the top of the axle and the ave a braided line drop down to the brake T. I've also thought about running braided from under the cab where it's broke, down the upper link and hitting the T.

Does it matter? Any better ways? Preferred ways?

Just inherited a shitty truggy and one thing it needs is rear brake lines.
The hard line at the back of the cab is broke right at the cab. Nothing else is there after that, no hard lines on the axle housing or anything.

The rear is triangulated 4 link. What would the best way to do it be?
I've thought about running more hard line to right over the top of the axle and the ave a braided line drop down to the brake T. I've also thought about running braided from under the cab where it's broke, down the upper link and hitting the T.

Does it matter? Any better ways? Preferred ways?

Hard line on the frame and links. Braided anywhere it flexes and at calipers. Adding double flares to tube is a pain so I used a Wide Open Design kit that uses single flares with a backup sleeve.

Hard line on the frame and links. Braided anywhere it flexes and at calipers. Adding double flares to tube is a pain so I used a Wide Open Design kit that uses single flares with a backup sleeve.

A hard line ON the upper link? It won't move too much?

A hard line ON the upper link? It won't move too much?

Hard line from MC and down chassis, short braided flex from chassis to link, hard line down link, short braided flex from link to axle, T fitting, hard line to each caliper, short braided flex to each caliper. Done.

Agreed with everything said. Running hard line down to link then braided at the joint, hard on link, braided at joint T to hard lines, soft line at the very end to caliper. I'm running Russel braided lines (DOT because I see street time) with copper/nickle hard line (very easy to manipulate and flare). If you want to get fancy AJK offroad has some nice mounts for the lines on your links.

My cheap ass is running plastic for 3 years now. I have attached it with only the finest zip ties. Never had an issue that wasn't my own fault. I burned one on and exhaust and smashed one on a bumpstop. They are super easy to repair.

A buggy I bought has it on it and I am adding cutting brakes, was just curious if I need to replace it with hard and rubber line while I was doing it or just rock on with what is there The guy I got it from said it was on there when he got it ten years ago and he never had a problem with it.

This is how I did mine. Just ran Russel Braided line down the upper link and T'd to each side. If you can find a local hose place usually they can make them for much cheaper than you can get them through Summit/Speedway/Jegs.
Yz0JnN6yyeBE3ym0Oi06XeNSlmfsRnU6fPx75wjr6SPVYUk33w55znPCp_khYywYXwEsTjTmYflNoXiJcg6hK0PZr5MmzKD3XVXW9L8reY9f9frdzzMOjytFRJDwn5LuL1X1kiCMRBQkil081rM8sZX339jVq999P67bW4lRkWozZtALymtsncau3p-7tj_oaVLf9pCZ5hAiqERTva4gn1yDMT5AFI1z7ytyOUvbn6CgMKhiKhg73xMGoYcgxmo2c205ezZDJRX_s36Ur-TrCHgSv9BRvQo6x-3Jtqia63_wmiAlvqdjaOGnpXNA-R5_g-K4HQGihHme4sc5NsqPb8_-s8gzUTxM5BzqTDiSDYtZkPmsC7WmH0M1pXIFTtLf824wOY7K7wI000mbxSjIJBmJQ35YTxFrCKorYY9NXnRgpIOWwhRZMo0s_x4i6qYp2UmCZIPSnIntutHTP2Di6RaFxQa5ncNd7AAbGOva-5mfIM7NmzLQWpWiVvfmvwPZDu7LxeGc0dSa8E0QhMNqJek2vmFovfz_7V09QOeK_VMu-uFld3HC7NLl8r-OQvRQVFb9OfxstVtxvPP9dxd1aHM_pcUhjB2zx70xtWLrKo1ZZxfmB_fif0rDyVmaDTPZlZWRHwu0Shv4ZB_gm5xrhD1qkobH70tVsZHf4no1BVAGBcd-76HkOrEmtE1deA=w1920-h934-no