• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota cab swap

Just throw it on there!!! It'll fit!:redneck:
I think you have to relocate a couple mounts on the frame to line up with the 3rd gen cab (there has been talk of this swap on here, I'd suggest a search), plus a few other details like wiring/fuel/ etc...but I'm no expert....:awesomework:

My guess is he wants a little more room since there's hardly any room in the 84-88 XtraCabs.:D

I understand, but I went from a 85 sc to and 85 xtracab and have more room than I know what to do with....I dont have a big ass speaker box back there tho......:eeek:

I put an 87 extra cab on an 85 STD cab short bed frame. Only had to remove the forward bed mounts. Now I have a 94 STD cab on an 85 frame, so I don't see why a 3rd gen extra cab wouldn't fit.

My cousin put a 3rd gen extra cab on his 94 STD cab with no issues as far as bolting up.

My buddy has a 81 toyota standard cab that hes in the works of swapping a 3rd gen extended cab onto his frame. I believe he said alll the rear mounts lined up but the fronts were a little off. When i was over there last i seen the front mounts, they were really close so with a few fabbed up brackets it looked like it was a pretty straight forward swap.

Latest posts