• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota crawlbox question

rooinater

ok, so i have a completely rebuilt 23 spline rear case that i'll be mating to my stock tcase. i want to rebuilld the section i'm going to use for the crawl box. but 250 bones to get a rebuild kit with the needle bearings and on top of it a bunch of crap i don't need... is there a cheaper way, like go to toyota and find the part #'s and order the bearings?? anyone have any ideas or part #'s to share... 250 seems steep for a lot of parts that i won't even use... anyone else rebuild their crawl box or know a company that sells a rebuild for the crawl box portion.?

Contact Marlin, Trail Gear, inchworm or other companies like them for what you need! Or do directly to toyota or your trustworthy parts house.

yeah, never heard back from marlin a month ago... i'll give trail gear a shot and inchworm a shot. then I guess i'll go to toyota. I don't trust any of the local parts dealers to really do their job. especially on something this specific.

Last edited:
just emailed them several times over the last several months. as soon as I get a moment i'll attempt to call. there was a time a few years ago marlin used to answer emails. or at least they were answering them when I ordered my rebuilt tcase a few years ago...

just emailed them several times over the last several months. as soon as I get a moment i'll attempt to call. there was a time a few years ago marlin used to answer emails. or at least they were answering them when I ordered my rebuilt tcase a few years ago...
I too never got replies to my emails to Marlin, so dont feel bad. That was back before they even moved and stuff too.

~T.J.

i just bought a bunch of stuff from marlin and whenever i called with a question they were usually real prompt about getting me an answer. just my $.02

yeah, never heard back from marlin a month ago... i'll give trail gear a shot and inchworm a shot. then I guess i'll go to toyota. I don't trust any of the local parts dealers to really do their job. especially on something this specific.

you could always pick up the phone and call them.

Get ready to be raped. :haha: I'd pull the bearing numbers and go to a bearing shop.

if i knew how to get the bearing #'s from them i would. i'm sure toyota's part #'s aren't the same bearing #'s. no impact, no idea. or do you mean just pull apart the tcase, and bring the bearings into the bearing shop?

i don't think i could get raped more than the $250 (the price of the rebuild kits with needle bearings) for 5 bearings

if i knew how to get the bearing #'s from them i would. i'm sure toyota's part #'s aren't the same bearing #'s. no impact, no idea. or do you mean just pull apart the tcase, and bring the bearings into the bearing shop?

i don't think i could get raped more than the $250 (the price of the rebuild kits with needle bearings) for 5 bearings

Good luck with that route, there are several bearings that simply do not have numbers on them. I also found that the few bearings that do cross reference quickly add up to $100+. I dont know who you talked to at Marlin, but I called and they gladly shipped me a "crawl box rebuild kit" a few months ago. They charged me $75. It includes every OEM bearing in the crawl box including the bearings in the adapter. The 32 ball coupler bearing is 75 dollars by itself from a bearing house. I have some extra bearings if you need them as I bought a new adapter at the same time and it comes with some new bearings, so I have a few spares. Marlin also has a hard time finding some of the bearings, so they have them made. If I were them I would call them back and ask for a crawl box rebuild kit, it is probably what they use to build their boxes.

Good luck with that route, there are several bearings that simply do not have numbers on them. I also found that the few bearings that do cross reference quickly add up to $100+. I dont know who you talked to at Marlin, but I called and they gladly shipped me a "crawl box rebuild kit" a few months ago. They charged me $75. It includes every OEM bearing in the crawl box including the bearings in the adapter. The 32 ball coupler bearing is 75 dollars by itself from a bearing house. I have some extra bearings if you need them as I bought a new adapter at the same time and it comes with some new bearings, so I have a few spares. Marlin also has a hard time finding some of the bearings, so they have them made. If I were them I would call them back and ask for a crawl box rebuild kit, it is probably what they use to build their boxes.

will do! :awesomework: if i can get ahold of them again. i'll probably have to wait till next payday now... i just got raped at the DOL for changing my atv in my name and new plates and tabs for the Zuk... :puke: but we'll see.