• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota drivetrain lift (flat belly)

Jcampbell54

Ok so I just got my crossmember in. (Got it from CASHED). Great seller by the way. Anyway I want to lift my drivetrain since I have a body lift on the truck to achieve a flat belly. Anybody on here got some tips on doing the engine mounts? The transfer case x member I'm good on just needing ideas on motor mounts.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

I just lifted the T-cases up and cut the floor with no bodylift in my old 4runner. Just loosen engine mounts up before lift then tighten them back down. I think Roger Brown had some spacers he sells on pirate to lift the engine if you want to buy something premade. Heres some pics of a mud truck I lifted the engine on.

Get rid of the factory Toyota motormounts unless you bolt and/or chain em. Id recommend making up some plates for the motor and come off a PLATED frame to some tubing to a rubber leaf spring bushing setup. I ran that in my old F-toy and it worked great.

You think I could get by with cutting that actual block plate and using it for a c to slide a leaf spring bushing in? I think that's kind of where your going with it. The idea you used on the pics is what I was shooting for. Maybe a short piece of 2x2 tubing off the frame to raise it and reuse factory motor mount bushings.

use the block side plate/fixture (unbolt the factoy rubber mount and throw it away) to fab a spring bushing style mount. you can either build an "adapter plate" style bracket with 2 tabs welded on that bolts to the factory frame side mount, or cut it off and build the bracket for the spring bushing right off the frame.

Unless you have a clocked tcase adapter, your rear driveline angle will most likely be pretty steep, but workable.

My rear driveline angle was horrendous but the Toyota Ujoints can take some serious abuse. Make sure you use shafts from a solid axle rig....the joints allow more angle.

Ye I have the cv type front shaft. If it gets too steep I'll lower the suspension some to compensate. I just figured I take full advantage of the body lift and the new crossmember. And thanks for the ideas. It's giving me a good idea of what needs to be done.

Chain motor mount then cut floor out.it helped my truck out a bunch.if yo have dual cases the u joint angle is fine with cv shafts front and rear

Another question I have is the horse collar in between the frame. Move it back? Or just scrap trying to reuse it. It's going to be to close to leave where it is.

Latest posts