• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota front axle seal from autozone

mcbadwish

Has any one had any luck getting front inner axle seals from autozone? Their computer is saying the ones they have is for a 7.8" ring gear. O and its a solid axle.

Last edited:
don't have a part # off hand but i know for a fact that schmucks and napa carry the inner axle seal if you need it in a pinch. otherwise i would buy marlins eco seal

Napa part # is 12810 (I will doublecheck, and report back later, as I have a few of them in the shop)... I haven't any problem with mine, but for added insurance I agree go Marlin.

Just a funny ?? But when you guys say inner axle seal are you refering to the one by the knuckle ball? Not in by the third right?

Just a funny ?? But when you guys say inner axle seal are you refering to the one by the knuckle ball? Not in by the third right?

toyota dont have an inner axle seal by the third.

Dont even replace them if you are getting anything but a marlin deal.

Napa and other seals will leak as soon as you install them. If you have 30 spliners you will damage cheapo seals just getting the axles in.

Call Bobby, he has marlin seals in stock. Way easier to get them from Bobby than Marlin.

Napa and other seals will leak as soon as you install them. If you have 30 spliners you will damage cheapo seals just getting the axles in.

Call Bobby, he has marlin seals in stock. Way easier to get them from Bobby than Marlin.

X2 on using Marlin's with 30sp....but I have the napa's in my front, and no leaks after going on 2 yrs (a little red ep grease seaping past the wipers, but no birfield soup :redneck:)...

the reason i was asking was because i don't consider the toy one and inner axle seal, it's not inner like a dana axle is, and i run a toy/60 hybrid front axle which uses and axle seal at the third , and currently i runn a d44 axle seal and it doesn't work so well, i have to tack weld the seal in place or the axle will push it out.
so thats the only reason i am asking, i am famailiar with the toy axle but the wording made it sound like something else.

Yeah I geuss its just a axle seal or the hub seal. I got some form napa for now I just want to get this thing together. Next time ill upgrade to the eco's. And thanks for the part #ZUKKEV

Has any one had any luck getting front inner axle seals from autozone? Their computer is saying the ones they have is for a 7.8" ring gear. O and its a solid axle.
i know this has already been taken care of, but that is correct. a 8" toyota is really a 7.8" ring gear.