• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota guys, would you want a upgraded C and knuckle for the toyota axle?

JDodd

I'm just wondering if there is a market for people that would want a upgraded C and knuckle thats designed to work with the toyota axle? It would get away from the closed knuckle and it could be designed to run a larger u-joint or a CV.

Just trying to see if there is a want for some.

They would have to be really cheap. 60's are coming down. If u get the knuckles and c's to take the abuse the housing wont take it on a yota. Trust me.

I think it would be a waste. For the price of building a Toyota axle to the max you can buy a geared and locked dana 60. I run Toy axles and love the weight and ground clearance gains but they have their limits.

I beat my Toyotas like a cheating girlfriend.
Seen others take more abuse. It would have to b completely
Bullet proof and priced right.

I figured there would be some hard core toyota guys interested. I just looking at a old build tread and saw a guy building a set of diamond axles and was looking for some factory outers cause apparently they do not make the inners.

If a get a few people interested I might build a set and let someone have them at cost to test them out

I think it be pretty cool. If it was as tuff as a built yota axle and priced about the same but easier to service/change I don't see why not.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Re: Re: Toyota guys, would you want a upgraded C and knuckle for the toyota axle?

Super duty unit bearing ball joint outers with 6lug unit bearings would be a cheap setup

But in reality, if you are destroying Toyota outers, then the diff won't hold up either

Re: Re: Toyota guys, would you want a upgraded C and knuckle for the toyota axle?

TBItoy said:
Super duty unit bearing ball joint outers with 6lug unit bearings would be a cheap setup

But in reality, if you are destroying Toyota outers, then the diff won't hold up either
True Dat! I have tore up eveything in a toyota axle, but never the knuckle, i know the factory 4:10 gears are about the toughest, but i run 5:29 and have broke a couple of pinions in half, lot more weaker stuff ahead of the knuckle IMO, I like the little light weight toyota axle, but if you ever go more than a 4 cyl, and got big sticky tires, you better say a prayer eveytime you ride! If I had back half the money I have spent on my axles, I could build the baddest set of tons out there.