• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota IFS rear questions

GUNNIN

Going to be doing a toyota swap on the ol zuk pretty soon. I know an ifs rear is wider than the pre ifs rear but how much wider are they? Also will a pre ifs rear third work in the ifs housing? I have ended up with a housing I think is ifs and I'm gonna try and use it if possible but would like to know before I kick the hornets nest and get in the middle of something that won't work.

Ok I have a housing and axle shafts but no third. Thought if I could swap my third into it would be good to go. Are the front and rear thirds interchangeable?

since I am going fj 80 rear I am selling the ifs rear we setup in our sami.
I know you said you have a housing but if you have not got to far building it
here is a pretty nice setup, all the link brackets and custom truss with
marlin crawler diff cover, shock tabs are taked in place. $200.00 bucks
for bare housing.

I am new to the fj80 rear, I assume the axles are bigger in diameter and 9.5 diameter ring gear,
full floater axles., factory disk brakes, bigger rotors.

FJ80 shafts are technically same size as a mini-truck in that they are both 30-spline at the diff. Some strength is probably gained by the FJ80 being full-float instead of semi-float like the mini-trucks.

At one point poly performance was selling shafts for the rear FF 80-series axles. Then they dropped the lifetime warranty, and may have stopped selling them. But someone I believe will make some for you out of FL.
The stock ones are breakable, but it takes a lot. This crowd in here should have no problems though.