• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota issue

Stacks

Well i have been having issues with the rig for a few months now and been messing with it here and there. The problem is that it will start up, run for a second or 2 then die and wont even try to start up again. Spark stays and never goes away and so does fuel pressure(wired to stay on with the key). I am at a loss of where to go now and all the wiring seems to be good and clean. Any help would be nice. I posted it up before but have had no luck finding the issue the last couple of months. 618-554-3924 Donnie

I know you said inj. are firing, but are you sure it isn't just the cold start inj. spraying, firing the motor then shutting off and killing the motor? Had a problem like this once. The small harness that goes over the valve cover had a break in a wire. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Last edited:
Found one guy that had a similar problem, but it does not state whether or not it would turn over after it died. Also I would wonder if, when these trucks are running fine, could you energize the starter with the key (while running), or is there an interlock of some kind. Maybe it not turning over is an indication that the ECU does think it's running. Can you pull any codes?

10-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Turned out to be a problem with the wiring harness ont he top of the fuel tank. The pump was getting power and was running, but the signal wire back to the ECU wasn't connecting properly, so the ECU didn't think the engine was getting any fuel and therefore was not pulsing the injectors.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-54616.html

Last edited:

Latest posts