• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota knuckle rebuild

Napa sells a quality kit including Jap bearings... or at least they used to... I can get it same day from my local Napa if order before 10am...

just checked, and they (my local napa) actually stock a "wheel seal kit" which includes everything EXCEPT the trunion bearings...for around $35

Thanks for checkin on that bud! I need the trunions as well and heard those are very pricey when individually purchased

No problem. :awesomework: and yes, The bearings can be expensive....

I know I got a complete kit including trunions from Napa when I rebuilt my Toy knuckles... Quality kit with Jap bearings for around $125...

No, No wheel bearings... Just the knuckle seal kit (it DOES include wheel bearing seals tho) with trunions....

KOYO bearings are $50 each at the dealer and in stock. There is NOTHING better. Most times you DONT need 4, just the top drivers one if stock or the top pass one if histeer. Remeber these bearings dont even roll a full turn, only a third of a turn. If they have play, remove shims. No need to replace unless pitted badly, damaged, or cheapies.

And Kev, you know JAP aint always KOYO.

A service kit is worthless. Just a bag with a wheel seal and a bunch of paper gaskets and new felt.

Heres what I do. I get 4 new KOYOs and then go over to Bobbys and Tina will have Marlin EcoSeals for inside the housing (cuz stockers rip the first time an axle is installed) and the teflon wiper seals for the knuckles (cuz stock rubber and felt are JUNK) and then use silicone to seal the hub (cuz its easier to clean off than scraping a nasty paper gasket later)

Then off to Napa to get a wheel bearing seal.

I would not buy new wheel bearings unless yours are damaged. Clean, inspect, repack and enjoy the fact that older bearings are of better quality than new **** (unless someone has already installed **** in there before).

I even prefer to find a pair of used bearings out of an IFS truck and use them.

Just my .02 And I NEVER have knuckle problems. EVER.

You are right...but some folks prefer to use the knuckle seals.
I built my Toy axle for the Sami back in spring of '07...
I believe the turnions in my kit were KOYO's, but it's been 6+ yrs without any issue, they are still tight and smooth, and I am not about to tear it down to find out! :redneck:

And YES, I agree with you on Marlin's ECO seals, and Bobby's Teflon wiper seals...They are both top quality. :awesomework:

Carquest can also get the service kit and get the trunions. Their bearings are a BCA 30303 the Knuckle felt, seal, and tins are also available next day @ $28 a side.