• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota lift

Toywheeler

I have an 86 4Runner and put the trail gear front and rear leaf set up on it. I went with the 4" front and 5" rear. I had to move my spring perches to install the springs but the truck sits to high for 35's. I want to lower my rig down and wondering if anyone has any ideas or advice on how to lower my rig without a complete redo on my suspension. Also does anyone have issues running the 3" lift in the with high steer? And do the Chevy 63" springs add about the same lift as the trail gear front 3" springs?

So you bought monster truck springs and now you dont want a monster truck?

Maybe call trailgear and ask them, since they sold you the garbage in the first place.

All their suspension SUCKS.

So you bought monster truck springs and now you dont want a monster truck?

Maybe call trailgear and ask them, since they sold you the garbage in the first place.

All their suspension SUCKS.

:awesomework:

Sorry but you waisted your money. Just wheel it those springs are almost guaranteed to clap out on you in no time.

Ok, thanks for the trail gear product review, not really what I was going for....anyone want to give me advise on the best way to lower my truck with its current set up?

Take it to Elbe for a few weekends and the TG springs will be lower. Most aftermarket springs are crap. Put stock rears up front with some wagoneer leafs mixed in and Chevys in the back.

Take it to Elbe for a few weekends and the TG springs will be lower. Most aftermarket springs are crap. Put stock rears up front with some wagoneer leafs mixed in and Chevys in the back.

^This^:awesomework:

Again those TG springs are junk. After a couple trips out your rig will be lower or like stated build your own pack. On my 4 runner I have a custom wagoneer pack in the front and a custom stock pack in the rear. It is really low even with 37" and works ok.:beer:

pull a leaf or two, french your hangers, go sua, dont run monster truck springs as chop shop said :awesomework:. I dont know what else to recommend. Depending how you set up your high steer you should have no prob running 3 '' springs. Iv never used tg springs but my guess is the 3'' will still be taller than 63's. If the springs are new they will likely settle an inch or two

How many trips does it take to settle springs? I bought these about 5 years ago and I haven't seen em sag at all it seems, I've wheeled it about 15 times through Evans and naches....

Throw a couple of junk v8 engine blocks in the rear bed and drive around with them for a few weeks with the shocks removed:redneck:

I am shocked no one has said to heat them with a torch yet.... hmmm... that must be too old school.

SELL the trail gear **** and find some junk yard rears for the font and build a pack for the rear like everyone else does. I run stock/hybrid springs and 34s on my 81 truck.

Your 5's are just gonna be too tall forever, just sell them and buy yourself some 4's even taking half the leafs out you'd still be able to clear 40's. The rear 5's should be an easy sell as their pretty popular, buy some t.g. 4's and bolt them in and go, The 4's will settle in nicely for you

Last edited:
Removing leafs is a bad idea that will ruin the pack in no time therefore rendering it unsellable too.

Sell them now and put the funds towards better decisions.

I have T.G. 3" springs on the rear of a 3rd gen and its way too tall. I think the springs work ok just to tall.

I've got 2 broken TG 4"ers here from recent months...Truck was wheeled HARD tho for 3+ yrs on 'em...They definitely settled too, probably over an inch...New Allpro 4" replaced em, and gained close to 1.5" up front...went with a longer shackle out back to level it for now until they settle...
EDIT: come to think of it...The fronts were on there when he bought the truck 6 yrs ago...they were new then...

I have allpro springs on one of my rigs and they have served me well with many many years of abuse.:redneck:

I'll look into the allpro springs. I like the idea with building my own spring packs front and rear. What year trucks do I get the Chevy and Wagoneer springs from, and what leaves do I use?