• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota lockers

toyrunner95

ok i have been mulling this over for a while and i think this summer im going to bite the bullet and get the axels done. i want lockers and i have had advice that i should fully lock the front permentatly because i can unlock the hubs, the problem is that i will break axels much easier. i would rather have a selectable locker. i have heard about "soft lockers?" they are some kind of limited slip that is eletronically activated into a locker, i guess like a rubicon or land curiser locker. but thats just a thought.

what do you guys think? please give me suggestions or ideas.

remember i am a college student (lack of $$$)
please no lincoln locker suggestions, i have one and i dont really like it.

im leaning tward a detriot in the rear and a trutrack up front. for waht i do it will be dependable and ive never had a problem with the detriot.

the fron is my main problem. i already cant steer very well and i dont want to make it worse.

Softlocker is a Detroit mechanical locker. There might be another that I have not heard of.

Aussie lock the front, Keep the lincoln rear...done deal and ya have enough $$$ for some 5.29's

5.29s were already worked into the equations. sorry i forgot to mention that. and i dont like having the rear constantly locked, it chews up my tires. not that im trying to whine, but i like $200 a tire to last more than 3 monthes.

you can also go with the toyota Elocker front and rear, I did not care for mine (time to engage/disengage) but that could have been just me:flipoff:

Aussie

Search on Pirate, it is similar to the lockright, since it replaces the spider gears but reportedly stronger and smoother. I have a Aussie in the front and a Detroit in the rear and it is fine.

im thinking detroits, they may be expensive but they are plug and play, no airlines to plumb, no wires to run. they will just be easier,

whats the diffrence between detroit, lock rite, and aussie?

If you're into snow think a little bit between the detroit and arb. I was quickly sliding towards a steep clearcut due to a snow drift because of the detroit this weekend. It would of been about a 100ft tumble and every move I tried to make kept pushing the rear end farther over. It's got me rethinking about an ARB for the rear

when you snap a axle or a birf and your detroit goes bang and falls into little bits... you'll be missing the cheap welded diff :)

so while your at it upgrade to 30 spline longs and all the other goodies.

or get the longs and go welded diff front and setup some cheap surplus hyrdo assist.

If you want to spend money go ARBs F/R. If not I would go welded front and rear. I am welded front and rear with 30 splines and hydro assist. It has worked great for me.