• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota mini axle trunnion bearing

L

lowbudgetjunk

Is this tiny little bastard pressed on? I am trying to get all of the grease off of it and figure it out. I have never messed with the mini axles and I am sick and on some type of meds that make me incapable of thought. Yeah, I probably shouldn't be working on mechanical parts, but that is the last step to getting this piece back on the woodpile and I am incapable of figuring it out right now. It is the lower bearing. The top one obviously just pops out when you pull the knuckle. But, I can't quite figure it out and know you Yota guys can make me quit reading 17 pages out of the Toyota bible on Pirate.

Naw it's just stuck . when I have this issue just take a small piece or round bar or round blunt chisel and drove the center pin out from the top hole. The bearing is usually ok , but may break.

Re:

The bearing is MIA...well, it is in the knuckle somewhere. TY sir.

Kel Lawrence

Now I have frozen it, beaten on that damn pin. I'm gonna have to call in for reinforcements, I swear.

Where is this mystical grinding supposed to be going on with the RCV's. Mine fit in and rotate around fine. I am going to **** this up, I can already tell.

If you are near me. I have a extra bottom cap .. I also did not have to grind for mt RCV'S check the clearance when you turn right and left lock to lock they may hit in full turn.

Think I've got most of it now. Last question and maybe these turds will be done for the day.

I am supposed to drill into a perfectly good hunk of aluminum and place some little pegs. These stay in by what magical means? I am half out of it today with sickness and they don't offer directions on the RCV website. I feel like on a normal day, I still wouldn't get it, but I'd be too stubborn to ask.

Thanks in advance fellas

lowbudgetjunk said:
Think I've got most of it now. Last question and maybe these turds will be done for the day.

I am supposed to drill into a perfectly good hunk of aluminum and place some little pegs. These stay in by what magical means? I am half out of it today with sickness and they don't offer directions on the RCV website. I feel like on a normal day, I still wouldn't get it, but I'd be too stubborn to ask.

Thanks in advance fellas

What?

What aluminum and pegs are you talking about?

The wheel hub (cast iron) and dowel pins for the drive flanges?

The drill bit is undersized and the dowels press in.

Correct. I am half out of it. Took me a minute to figure the undersized part. Damn I am lucky to not have screwed this all up.

Gonna have to invest in some six shooters. Four studs and high steer arms look pretty ghetto. Got passenger side back together and now I waiting on bearings to finish up the other side.

Thanks for the help. This has been a super tiring project for sicko for the day. Glad I got done what I did. Learned some and didn't screw anything up too bad.

i welded angle to side for arm and weled 1/2'' bolt on inside of knuckle worked very good for about 6 years

Attachments

• 20141227_093745.jpeg
    20141227_093745.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 68
clemsonjeep said:
No need for six shooters...just use ARP studs and check torque after every few rides.

This for sure. I run stock studs and I think the key to keeping everything alive is checking the torque of nut and bolt on the axle before each ride.

Yep, arp studs and check em to make sure they are tight every time out. Learned that after shearing off some studs on my first outing.