• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota people, please help. Need suggestions...

3sfe is indeed non-interference
common failures:
distributor
coil
timing belt
less common:
afm
ignitor
cat

You can crank/start it with a timing light on it and see if it's skipped time
IF the distributor etc is operating properly that is
be glad it's not a gts with the 3s-ge

Thanx Rix. I'm gonna take a bigger hammer with me on Friday.

I picked up a distributor, MAF, and computer. Gonna start with the dist. and go from there.

Be sure to double check firing order, not sure if it was mentioned yet.
My wife has an 87 3sfe and i will agree it is not interference motor. She blew a belt before i met her and it was fine once replaced. I replaced it once as well.

Went down this morning and yanked the distributor first thing. My gut has been telling me dist. the whole time. Upon further inspection, the magnetic pick up for the cam position sensor was cracked. Put the new distributor in, and she fired right up!!!! :D

5 minutes later the timing belt shredded! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Went down this morning and yanked the distributor first thing. My gut has been telling me dist. the whole time. Upon further inspection, the magnetic pick up for the cam position sensor was cracked. Put the new distributor in, and she fired right up!!!! :D

:eeek:

Ahhh that sucks. But better at home than hundred of miles away. And you know it will run with new timing belt now.
Sorry for your troubles, hope they are almost over!
Keep us posted!

Ah ****...Now that sucks...:haha: But at least it's not a crasher...:awesomework:

Got the timing belt replaced on Saturday. What a pain in the ass! She runs like a top now!!!

Thanks again for all the help/thoughts/ideas!