• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota single 4:70 vs stock duals.

OK let me reword that. Has anyone used it with duals or is that just for a single case with a lifted rig. Just learning here.

You will need the long spline unless you run your shackles in the front. It will bolt up to your case. The long spline is just that... the spline part. You still have to have a driveline made.

Well i like the 2 extra low 2wd options and when front digging i sometimes need the right vears for wheel speed to dig. Sometimes i need to spin the wheels to dig and sometimes just crawl. So i can use just the 4.7 or a higher gear. I like it all but do what you can afford cuz i got like $2000 into my t cases, but i have all the good stuff.
Ohh and i still like my twin sticks no matter what the big boys say!

I need all the gadget power i can get cuz i cant drive!

As for my opnion, i say stock duals and upgrade from there what you want.
You will need to lenghten the front and shorten the rear.
I say long slip, either square tube, which i dont like or a aftermarket one.

attachment.php

Hah! That was you at Bobby's Run...We were sitting eating lunch on some trail I have no idea where , and your buddy crawled over those logs, then you followed...:awesomework: Cool rig BTW...:cool: Twin sticks and all!!! :haha:

I used my twin stick on the rear 4.7 case all the time. I generally ran my rear case in low and 2nd or 3rd gear in the trans which worked well with my too big of tires that offset my 5.29's so I wasnt screaming along the trails. That was before the full hydro so 2x let the lockrite ratchet and turn. If I was headed down a steep descent I'd start with my hand on the range shifter so I could pull it into high if it started to go ass over tea kettle.

attachment.php

Hah! That was you at Bobby's Run...We were sitting eating lunch on some trail I have no idea where , and your buddy crawled over those logs, then you followed...:awesomework: Cool rig BTW...:cool: Twin sticks and all!!! :haha:

That was us, his user name is tin top hick. Thats the truck they said would never work.
I see jp crawled over it too

I've never ran duals, just single 4.7s. I don't have any complaints with a single case, it suited my driving fine. Saying that just go duals with 4.7s and you can have the best of both worlds.

That was us, his user name is tin top hick. Thats the truck they said would never work.
I see jp crawled over it too

That was Tin Top? hmmm...who'da guessed with him in a yota and all! :redneck:
Who said it'd never work...seemed to work ok to me!
And yeah, he crawled it too, but got the diff stuck right on the end of the bottom log---I had to wiggle the rig a bit to break it free...and yes, he was in 4wd! :redneck:

That was Tin Top? hmmm...who'da guessed with him in a yota and all! :redneck:
Who said it'd never work...seemed to work ok to me!
And yeah, he crawled it too, but got the diff stuck right on the end of the bottom log---I had to wiggle the rig a bit to break it free...and yes, he was in 4wd! :redneck:

He used to have a sammy.
We have driveline dissconects in our rigs for front digs.:redneck:

Latest posts