• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin" SOLD

Re:

"****" AKA TBItoy said:
I'll throw in a 4 linked rear housing, spare tcase, parts, etc also.

Man how is this still here? Bump.....wish I had the $$$ to get back into the sport.

Re: Re:

Blase said:
Man how is this still here? Bump.....wish I had the $$$ to get back into the sport.

I'm trying to get out of the hobby/sport until I can eventually get what I really want. Bored of messing with Toyotas.

Re: Re: Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin"

86chevota said:
What are you wanting???
A very basic light-ish one ton buggy, about the same size (wheelbase, width, weight) of the Toyotas I've been wheeling for 12 years.

I had all the parts gathered up to build one, but never could get the motivation to start on it because of compromises I had made in chassis, drivetrain and suspension selection, so I traded and sold off all the parts I didn't want.

All I've got left from that exercise is a set of autometer gauges, full hydro rear steer setup, and a set of heims.

Re: Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin"

Shouldn't last long at that price, if I were in the market or had the spare money I would buy it. GLWS a lot of rig for the money

"****" AKA TBItoy said:
A very basic light-ish one ton buggy, about the same size (wheelbase, width, weight) of the Toyotas I've been wheeling for 12 years.

I had all the parts gathered up to build one, but never could get the motivation to start on it because of compromises I had made in chassis, drivetrain and suspension selection, so I traded and sold off all the parts I didn't want.

All I've got left from that exercise is a set of autometer gauges, full hydro rear steer setup, and a set of heims.

10-4 pholmann will build you one

Re: Re: Re: Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin"

86chevota said:
10-4 pholmann will build you one
Actually looking at his buggy made me want one even more.

Rig kinda like his with some 39 reds, and some deep backspaced wheels to pull the width in.

Re:

Updated first post

Forgot to list that it has OG Dirty 30 shafts, before TG started making them themselves.

And Longfield chromo hub gears.

I also have a 4cyl ARB and compressor I would throw in also.
And a new set of 5.29 4cyl gears

At one time I was going to put the ARB in the rear, and regear to 5.29, put the tail lights and blinkers back in it so I could drive it on the road some.

Re: Re: Re: Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin"

"****" AKA TBItoy said:
Actually looking at his buggy made me want one even more.

Rig kinda like his with some 39 reds, and some deep backspaced wheels to pull the width in.

His buggy is very nice!

Thanks guys. I didn't build it though. I just assembled it. id love to see nick in a buggy after watching him beat on his yota. Holy **** that would be something to video.

Neal3000 said:
Why are you a **** now?
One does not simply become, a "****"

It takes years of conditioning.

Actually at the HL ride I wrote "****" on my "Hello my name is:" tag.

Blase said:
Bump......I don't understand how this is still here!
Everyone I've talked to/texted about it is afraid of the engine/cam timing issue.

It'll be months before I get around to fixing it. So I reckon it'll sit.

I'll get around to the 5.29/ARB swap and "street legal" conversion eventually too.

TBItoy said:
Everyone I've talked to/texted about it is afraid of the engine/cam timing issue.

It'll be months before I get around to fixing it. So I reckon it'll sit.

I'll get around to the 5.29/ARB swap and "street legal" conversion eventually too.

I'm not scared of it......I just ain't got no $$$ to buy it or $$$ to travel to use it!! I've always liked this rig. BUMP.

old alternator was shorted internally. I bought a new one for it.

Also sold the air shocks off the front.

$4000 as is. :dblthumb: