• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota won't turn left.

Jcampbell54

Just like title says my toyota will not hardly turn left at all without getting a good arm workout. I have the box centered and front tires are aligned on links. I'm running hi steer and ifs box. Also I get a nice clicking sound out of my right front (birfield) not sure why. They are brand new longs. Any Info would help.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

I'd tear the front axle back apart and check for signs of something wrong. You got something binding up somewhere. A new longfield shouldn't be making any noise.

I guess I'll tear it down and see. I haven't had a problem until I broke my first long a while back. Now it seems like it's staying problematic.

Re:

Never ran toys, but I did see in another thread where they said that alot of times a toy axle will tweak and then after it breaks the first parts it just continues to break parts because its bent. May be worth checking out

Re:

09zkrankin said:
Never ran toys, but I did see in another thread where they said that alot of times a toy axle will tweak and then after it breaks the first parts it just continues to break parts because its bent. May be worth checking out

Knuckle balls get bent and then its all to hell.

Had this happen before and it was a grenades stock birf for me. May not be the case with you but may be. Just simply do the pirate4x4 camo knuckle rear down and you will know fast.

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

grcthird said:
Disconnect the drag link or tie rod and see if it is in the column/box or knuckles/birfs.

It turns free in the air. No binding until tires are on the ground. Could a spent Trunion cause it?

Yes...absolutely. That's fairly easy to check without disassembly also.

Jack up one side and grab the tire at top and bottom and try to wiggle it...if it's loose then your trunion bearings are either trashed or improperly shimmed.

My guess would be a trunion bearing is toast. I had the same issue at Callalantee after a few hard runs at the bottom of PullCable. The bearing was shot so when I rolled it back into the shop and jacked the front end up, the lack of weight allowed the steering to feel fine. Put weight back on it and all of the pieces of the bad bearing would just bind up.

More than likely trunion bearing. Ive saw em do that a lot with broke birfield but if their new that shldnt be the problem. And in one of my rigs the longfields click like that when turning and have did it since they were new

buggy68 said:
More than likely trunion bearing. Ive saw em do that a lot with broke birfield but if their new that shldnt be the problem. And in one of my rigs the longfields click like that when turning and have did it since they were new

Ye on my short side it's clicked for a while. Reassuring I'm not the only one. Not sure how warranty is gonna work with TG runnin it now

Re: Re: Re: Toyota won't turn left.

Jcampbell54 said:
Ye on my short side it's clicked for a while. Reassuring I'm not the only one. Not sure how warranty is gonna work with TG runnin it now

TG is supposed to be covering warranties on all longfield shafts. Call em and they'll replace it....unless it's an FJ80 shaft, then you won't get one for "6 months to a year", due to them idiots redesigning them for whatever reason. I've got a broke FJ80 Longfield in the shop floor that I can't get a replacement for...so I ordered from RCV. They'll likely be around for a long time, so I'll be able to use their warranty if my **** breaks again.

What's the turn around time been on it just outta curiosity? And do they do it the same as longfield did?