• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tps?

nighthunter

Ok soo i fired up my truck tonight got down the road a mile or so around 3500 rpms in 3rd 4th n 5 gear the truck starts cutting out but once im up to about 4 k it stops. The symptoms act as if my plug wire was undone soo i get out check everything looks fine. Get home checked vaccume hoses fixed one that had a hole in it found a plug wire that kept fallin of the dizzy fixed that and threw some isoo heat in the tank just for the hell of it.
get back in fire it up drove about 20 miles only encountered the prob once so i was like ok maybe i had some bad gas drove it another 20 or so mins and it happened a few more time sooo took it home and parked it.
The last thing i did in it last night before i had these issues "today" was fill my tank up with gas. what do you all think it may be?
Tps
gas
injectors
fuel filter just replaced it tho
vaccume hose
idk but what ever it can be i would greatly appreciate the help i tried useing the search as much as i could and read up on it but still having a hard time figureing it out
specs: 91 toyota 4x4 22re with aprx... 220k

does it like cut out like lose power for a quarter of a second? my guess would be start with basics aka spark plugs plug wires cap and rotor (aka ignition timing) i dont know how tempermental those efi trucks are though by the injector comment you said im going to guess you have a 22re

does it like cut out like lose power for a quarter of a second? my guess would be start with basics aka spark plugs plug wires cap and rotor (aka ignition timing) i dont know how tempermental those efi trucks are though by the injector comment you said im going to guess you have a 22re

lol if you would have finished reading the paragraph you would have none it was a 22re:fawkdancesmiley:

all kidding aside,
like he said start with the basics, from the sounds of it the problem only occurs under load?

check the simple **** first and pm trainwreckinseattle he no's his **** when it comes to toyota motors:awesomework:

Yup its a re thanks for seconding that i was thinkin about just getn new ones today.. And yeah its a losss of power i guess u could say the only way i can describe it is.. Say there was a plug wire that fell off on ur rig and ur flooring it then alll a sudden it chokes and cuts out at a certain rpm range once ur past it it stops doing it thoe lol
Thanks

lol if you would have finished reading the paragraph you would have none it was a 22re:fawkdancesmiley:

all kidding aside,
like he said start with the basics, from the sounds of it the problem only occurs under load?

check the simple **** first and pm trainwreckinseattle he no's his **** when it comes to toyota motors:awesomework:

He any goood at rebuilding them tooo? Lol cuz im thinking about in another few months here of having my motor rebuilt:D

Thanks everyone for there input on my toyota i think i had bad gas in the tank i drove it for abou 2 hrs today and it didnt act up once but i went ahead and gave it a tune up minus the dizzy everything is runnin decent now!!!
And if anyone has this guys number could u pm it to me i would really like to get my motor fresheneed up soon thanks
Troy:awesomework:

Latest posts