• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

traction bar questions...

Some better pics.

100_0003.jpg

100_0002.jpg

I have to agree, **** breaks. I have yet to have a weld or fabricated part fail on any of my work. The reason for it hanging where it is is like boonie said, to act as a skid for the driveline. That is why you would build something that reduces ground clearance.(kind of like a tcase skid, or gas tank skid) It hangs down no lower than the gas tank and transfercase, both of which are more of a concern. The truck this bar went on is essentially at stock height and has cost less to buy and build than most peoples front axles. There is a big difference between building a buggy and building a cheap wheeler to get around in. While I agree it might bend if the truck ever rests on it, but so will the driveshaft. :awesomework:

Last edited:
If it was me i would of not made the shackles so long, i think that would make for a weak point with all that leverage out at the end but hey it might work fine. .:beer:

Actually all the shackle should take is up/down torque-->basically all the energy is pushed up or down against the shackle's bushings/bolts when the axle is trying to wrap; shouldn't have any forward/backward leverage...