• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail gear power steering pump?

dove'd85

anyone running one of there pumps on their toyota with hydro assist and does it really make a big differance over a stock toyota pump?

Thats the same pump i run on my full hydro set-up and it works very well.

good... It looks like it cranks out the gpm..

The stock pump puts out 1,300 psi @ one gallon per minute.

The answer is a replacement "TC" style pump. The Trail-Gear Rock-AssaultTM pump puts out 1,600 psi of pressure at 4 gallons per minute. This provides the full fluid volume your steering box and ram are looking for, even at an idle.

:corn:

This provides the full fluid volume your steering box and ram are looking for, even at an idle.

:corn:

Briejer can verify this, My steering is simply the sh!t. Money can't buy love but is sure does buy good parts.

Thats the same pump i run on my full hydro set-up and it works very well.
If this pump is used on a Hydro-Assist would it be foolish to get the 1.5" ram? If the 2" ram is used will the steering still be slow?

Assist has slowed down every steering system that ive seen, Im sure someone makes something better than ive used. Just stating my experience.

:awesomework: Got it on my Formula toyota and it works great!!!:awesomework:
1.5 or 2" ram?

My rig is still street legal so I dont want it to steer super slow with a 2" ram. If I wanted it to steer slow then I would just get the 1.5" without the pump upgrade.

The 2" ram seems likr the way to go.....bigger is better if you can move he fluid right?

I think a 2" will be too slow in an assist set up. Most full hydro setups I've seen run 2" ram. Think you would be better off with a 1.5" ram. just my 2 cents

2" rams are what some the comp ftoy guys are running with that pump. never heard any complaints.

I just bought the pump but haven't try'd it yet.

Thanks guys..... just did a semi repost that is a little more in depth with what I am trying to do.