• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail gear rock assault 9 front

stuftmunky2k

Been looking at the front roller kit for a good bit. Seems like a good price for whats all there and what dave from davesoffroad quoted. My issue is im running 17" double beadlock wheels and after calling trail gear and talking with them i couldnt get a for sure answer on if they will clear the calipers. Didnt know if anybody is running one and what they think of them. I measured the inside of the rims and they are 15 1/4" opening with the bead lock rings. Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Dont know if its worth switching from my double beadlocks to a single beadlock or abort mission.

what axle/brakes are you running now?

the RA9 comes with the little wildwood calipers and rotors,

Pretty sure I've seen a several of the "bouncer" rigs running the same wildwood brake setup with double beadlocked 17s.

I'm using the Spidertrax hats and rotors on my build, I believe they're pretty much the same as the TG stuff. I'm running 17" Stazworks wheels. They're a two-piece style double beadlock though, they don't have an inner ring. Honestly I don't think they would clear an inner beadlock ring. They're relatively close on my wheels. These pics don't do a great job of showing it, but they're the best I have currently.

That's a 14" diameter rotor. I'd say the caliper sticks out at least 1" past the rotor, so that would require minimum 16" diameter to clear.

I'm at work tonight, but I can probably get you some exact measurements tomorrow after I get up.

Thanks! I have to get back on the ball. It's been months since I've even laid a hand on it. I'll try my best to get you some measurements tomorrow.

My 14" spidertrax brake setup barely clears my 17" raceline wheels. No way a beadlock ring would clear my 6 piston wilwood calipers

fl-krawler said:
My 14" spidertrax brake setup barely clears my 17" raceline wheels. No way a beadlock ring would clear my 6 piston wilwood calipers

Same here with a 17" TR HD.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

Thanks for the info guys. Was looking into the c and knuckle kit from crane last nite. Think i can do that setup around the same price. But then lots of coin for a 9". Only being pushed by a turbo 22r im building this winter ujt want to stay light as possible