• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail Signage

dirk

Why can't we use this style of sign for our local trails?

302656_10150279752912121_131090317120_8124430_4327108_n.jpg

It seems like this style would be way more resistant to shooting, wear & theft.

Thoughts?

:cool:

hard to see what it would sayes,then what about at night ,If it had a flat plat behind it and sprayed some kind of bright color would be cool.

other wise it is a cool sign still.

You could paint the sign a bright color...this is one that Clark cut out for us:

IMG_3537.jpg

Last edited:
friend made this one the other day ,due to some thieves they took a mountain bike and left the snap on tools.:eeek:

so moms left wife to the right :masturbanana[1]:

Attachments

• sami pics timing 001.jpg
    sami pics timing 001.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 231
Why can't we use this style of sign for our local trails?

302656_10150279752912121_131090317120_8124430_4327108_n.jpg

It seems like this style would be way more resistant to shooting, wear & theft.

Thoughts?

:cool:

I disagree. That's a nice target to shoot up and some jackass tweaker would definitely try and steel it for scrap.:redneck:

Those types are not approved by the DNR and USFS. They have letter, print, verbage, size and material guidelines for signs. They would rather make expensive signs that are easily vandalised and stolen.

How long did the last signs survive that Clark made for Elbe. They need to be made of 1" plate and surrounded by a moat filled with Aids infected crocs. I'm not sure if that would even stop a drunk fuktard or tweeker.

Have you seen tillimooks trails and signs!? Each trail has a sign from the group that maintains it. The blm has real good trails , I think dnr should get together with oregon on tral work.

Have you seen tillimooks trails and signs!? Each trail has a sign from the group that maintains it. The blm has real good trails , I think dnr should get together with oregon on tral work.

You DON'T want that to happen. We'd have more trails treated with filler rocks.

When a sign is put in... A sign needs to be put in next to it that says please dont steal the first sign.. And a sign next to it that says please dont shoot the signs... O n one next to those signs. that repeats it all in four differant languages.... and a picture sign for those who cant read...:stirpot:

You DON'T want that to happen. We'd have more trails treated with filler rocks.

not sure if you have wheeled there ,i have, and the trails were great, they had water humps to divert water, i seen no crushed rock anywhere? airplane hill has a rock pile gate keeper to keep out peeps with less capable rigs, ohh i take that back, the crushers is only like 7 acres of big crushed rock, my bad.

not sure if you have wheeled there ,i have, and the trails were great, they had water humps to divert water, i seen no crushed rock anywhere? airplane hill has a rock pile gate keeper to keep out peeps with less capable rigs, ohh i take that back, the crushers is only like 7 acres of big crushed rock, my bad.

Yes, I've wheeled there. Trails that had any type of mud on them had been rocked.

A few years back a buddy from Oregon brought a couple of their forest managers (from the Brown's Camp area) up here. They asked to have us show them around Evans. They were shocked that we had any muddy areas.

well i guess your right if your looking for a mud pit to romp through, i didnt see any of that ever, but the trails themself were muddy enough.

Nah, we weren't looking for a mud pit. We were on trails that had been rocked because they held water. Not worth the effort to figure out.