• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail worthy pvc insert size

Johnny Red

I just changed from42- 15-16.5 wide pit bulls to 43-14.50-16.5 sx I have 6 3/4 wide trail worthy PVC inserts trail worthy said I needed 6 1/2 wide PVC inserts for lack of cash for new inserts a 1/4 inch narrow or time to cut down 1/4 inch I put wheels together will a 1/4 inch mess any thing up when I start beating on wheels and tires any info would b cool thanks Red

If they recommend 1/4" narrower, I'd cut 1/8" out of each side and rock out! I wouldn't chance my new tire investment on something as petty as PVC size. The extra 1/4" of thickness will have to be absorbed by your new tire beads.

Yea you will need to cut them down they won't bolt all together and will try to deform where the wheels bolt together I have used a table saw to cut them down but it was super sketchy i am sure there is a better way to do it maybe a router????

Thanks put them together to move while finishing up going to get some info before I wheel it I'm with u thanks for your time and info Red

jccarter1 said:
Yea you will need to cut them down they won't bolt all together and will try to deform where the wheels bolt together I have used a table saw to cut them down but it was super sketchy i am sure there is a better way to do it maybe a router????

This isn't it. You can break the bead wire in the tire. Then you go to air it up and you will blow the tire off the wheel.

If Trail Worthy Fab said 6.5" wide I'd probably go 6.5" wide. 8)

Thanks I was wondering same the best way to cut them I thought about tire grooved might slice through PVC easy or a router

Johnny Red said:
Thanks I was wondering same the best way to cut them I thought about tire grooved might slice through PVC easy or a router

Table saw. Set your fence and just push it through. Don't rotate it to make 1 cut. Make multiple cuts.

Or pay the freight back to me and I'll trim them down for you for free so long as you originally purchased them from me.

8)
Dookey said:
Table saw. Set your fence and just push it through. Don't rotate it to make 1 cut. Make multiple cuts.

Or pay the freight back to me and I'll trim them down for you for free so long as you originally purchased them from me.

I used a table saw. I set the blade depth and then at 90 degrees to the blade rotate to cut down about 6 in sections leaving a 1/4 inch between each to keep the original cutting height. Once finished I just knocked the 1/4 inch pieces down with a flap disk to match. Pretty quick.

Dookey said:
This isn't it. You can break the bead wire in the tire. Then you go to air it up and you will blow the tire off the wheel.

If Trail Worthy Fab said 6.5" wide I'd probably go 6.5" wide. 8)

this. I asked what the width was when I switched tires and what they told me was dead on. we cut them down, put them together, and they work great..