• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trails Open?

srgould41

I was hunting for the opening date for Evans Creek and found several sites stating it was open now. Anyone have info on the trails status?

Main gate is open. Road to the campground is still blocked and closed. Road and 1st parking lot has 12" of snow and it was snowing heavily today. There were only 2 vehicles up there today and one was stuck and winching in the parking lot. Tow rigs will get stuck until it warms up for a few weeks. There are plenty of parking spots by the old 1st entrance just after the recently logged area which is also where the private property ends.

Kind of sounds like wheeling would be more digging out of the wet, slushy snow than wheeling... A few weeks sounds like a good idea. Thanks for braving the trip.

Main gate is open. Road to the campground is still blocked and closed. Road and 1st parking lot has 12" of snow and it was snowing heavily today. There were only 2 vehicles up there today and one was stuck and winching in the parking lot. Tow rigs will get stuck until it warms up for a few weeks. There are plenty of parking spots by the old 1st entrance just after the recently logged area which is also where the private property ends.

You drive the Chevy or the wife's TJ ?

Wish I could join you, but already have plans for Saturday. Post up how the trails are after you get home? I should be up there Sunday if anyone wants to come along. The one person I was expecting to wheel with cancelled for engine trouble.

This going saturday

Going to give it some more time. Don't feel like battling wet sloppy snow all day. Going to go somewhere else.

Going to give it some more time. Don't feel like battling wet sloppy snow all day. Going to go somewhere else.

I may be down for a run later after the slush is gone.

You might have to give me a few lessons tho. Dunno if I can remember how to operate that ugly blue machine of mine! :redneck:

Lots of snow, but didn't get stuck anywhere. Ran 311 the across FS7920 to 102 and down. There were lots of tire track on other trails, but I was alone at that point and needed to get home early. There were 6 rigs and two quads. For the whole place. I passed a few vehicles heading up as I was leaving around 1 pm. Four of the hard core rigs continued up FS7930 trying to make it to the top.

We were up there Saturday still a lot of snow in places

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 116