• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tranny options

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
let me premise this by I haven't search much so I am just going to ask.

Of course I want to go with something cool like an r2 however I can not justify the cash right now due to other prodjects. The pede tranny I have started making a bit more noise than it probly should....so I did the natural thing any grown man would do. I tore it apart, cleaned it all up and the started to put it together. Dureing this process I found one of the two small gears has missin teeth(I found the remains floating around in there). question is do they come with metal gears? or are the Plastic? I am not sure if these are the original or not, two are metal and one is plastic.

Does anyone have a part # for me. I went to galaxy hobby and the kid I talked to said they were going away from carrying these parts and didn't have any.

the pede tranny originally came with plastic gears. but you could upgrade 2 of the gears with metal(the top gear and middle gear). traxxas just released there brush less stampede with all metal gears. but im not sure if you can buy just the gears yet. also theres some after market company's that make metal gears for the pede. but im not sure of there names right of the top of my head. If you can find the gears at any of your local hobby shops. check the online hobby shops. they almost all carry traxxas stuff. also you could call tammie's here in Beaverton (503) 644-4535, they carry all the parts you could need for the pede tranny.

other trannys that are good in crawler are the R2, axial, stealth, B2, or some of losi's older transmissions. hope this helps some:D if not sorry.

I'd do a C4 :cool:

Thats some funny **** as it is a Ferd body on it.

the pede tranny originally came with plastic gears. but you could upgrade 2 of the gears with metal(the top gear and middle gear). traxxas just released there brush less stampede with all metal gears. but im not sure if you can buy just the gears yet. also theres some after market company's that make metal gears for the pede. but im not sure of there names right of the top of my head. If you can find the gears at any of your local hobby shops. check the online hobby shops. they almost all carry traxxas stuff. also you could call tammie's here in Beaverton (503) 644-4535, they carry all the parts you could need for the pede tranny.

other trannys that are good in crawler are the R2, axial, stealth, B2, or some of losi's older transmissions. hope this helps some:D if not sorry.

Yeah I figured they came plastic... I just finished her off....:redneck:

Anyone know if the new and old gears are interchangable?

From my understanding the old and new pedes are the same inner gears..

But for $50 you can get an AX-10 tranny nice and small (compact) comes locked..

I figure you'll end up spending around $20 or so for the replacement gears maybe(probably) more if they are metal. That's a major part of the cost.

Let me know if you need a link to a couple places to get the ax tranny.

From my understanding the old and new pedes are the same inner gears..

But for $50 you can get an AX-10 tranny nice and small (compact) comes locked..

I figure you'll end up spending around $20 or so for the replacement gears maybe(probably) more if they are metal. That's a major part of the cost.

Let me know if you need a link to a couple places to get the ax tranny.

Thats a good point too, I may just check around and see what I can come up with. I know in the crawler I am building its more than likely be an r2. If you know where some cheap replacement parts are for the pede let me know.

Latest posts