• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trans axle texh?

skipnrocks

So I'm running a Buick 3.8 and am at the point to break the trans axle down to get my custom outputs made. But I look at this thing and am not sure where to start and can't find good data online. Does the whole thing need removed?

I was going to send my spiders off and have some Chromoly shafts made. I don't think itt will Ben much more to do it that way than to pay for the lathe work to
Make oem shafts work. Plus I wasnted to mess around and see if I could fit a full or mini spool in there to get my shaft size up.

Can you see straight thru the diff? Would you Be able to make a one piece shaft that goes all the way thru to engage both sides then attach yokes on each end?

whiskeymakin said:
Can you see straight thru the diff? Would you Be able to make a one piece shaft that goes all the way thru to engage both sides then attach yokes on each end?

I had debaoted that. I haven't looked but I assumed there would be a cross pin in there. Also I worried about a yoke that would bolt to it

It looks pretty easy to weld up the spiders on that configuration from what I've seen on the net. Getting shafts/yokes to work will be the challenge. which transmission do you have?
I'd keep it simple to start with then if it breaks make it better. I don't think you would break at the cv cup/spline.

Attachments

• 2018-01-10 07.35.32.jpg
    2018-01-10 07.35.32.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 174
Then get a buddy or shop to machine your cv cups to accept a weld yoke and walla
Kindof like I did. This pic is from a honda setup, but same concept as yours I think.

Edit....I forget about the pullout issue lol

Attachments

• 2017-06-18 09.28.40.jpg
    2017-06-18 09.28.40.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 95
i just put a light coil spring on driveshaft pushing out and have never had it pull out transmission on my recent buggy

That was the pic I was looking for I just decided to tear into it this am and got that far. I'll weld the spiders in the am and put it back together. I'm going to see if I can get a spare set of shafts since we are going to Ben in Moab a week and want spares

twiztedzuki said:
i just put a light coil spring on driveshaft pushing out and have never had it pull out transmission on my recent buggy

I like that idea. I'm going to do the same I need to find a driveshaft yoke that will mate we'll with my output shafts and go get the large work done.