• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

transaxle final crawl ratio?

1tonyj

Curious how a lightweight transaxle buggy with no transfer case gets a good crawl ratio? Is there more reduction in the transmission than just the first gear? Forgive my ignorance plz...this is all new to me.

You also get your gear reduction at the axles. Usually a transaxle goes straight to a hub for a wheel. With it going to axle you have the third member to chose which hears you want to run for what ratio you would want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simpletoy said:
You also get your gear reduction at the axles. Usually a transaxle goes straight to a hub for a wheel. With it going to axle you have the third member to chose which hears you want to run for what ratio you would want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wasnt thinking about the ring and pinion in the trans....guess it depends on the transmission as to the ratio

my transaxle (4t65e) has something like 2.72 diff gears in the trans, the other gears are basically the same as a standard RWD trans so its very similar to a stock transfer case low range. I went ahead and put a 205 behind the transaxle to insulate the trans output from shock loads and torque and to also get 2wd capabilities including front and rear dig.. being automatic it shifts really quickly in low range so its easy to get more wheelspeed where needed...