• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

transfer case questions

Thegreasemonkey

i have a crazy project in mind that i will unveil if i ever actually get it off the ground.. what im looking for is a divorced transfercase that has drivers side offset front and rear and a decent low range, doesnt have to be huge or anything probably going to be under 100 hp and only spinning 35"s. thanks in advance guys!!

the option im currently considering is a samurai tcase with the 6.5 low range, problem is the offset outputs are on the passenger side if im not mistaken. drivers side would allow me to run high pinion in the front and low pinion rear in stead of vice versa.

ford divorced 205 strong... but not real low geared... low max makes 3.0 to 1 kit or you can stack them if you have some wheel base...

other options are atlas or dana 300 flipped... both can be made into divorced style cases.

A 205 can be made to have offset outputs rather than front offset and centered out if you use some parts from an old np200 case. But that is crazy overkill for your application.

An older nissan 720 case would work well. Divorced, inline outputs, small size and made of aluminum.

A 205 can be made to have offset outputs rather than front offset and centered out if you use some parts from an old np200 case. But that is crazy overkill for your application.

An older nissan 720 case would work well. Divorced, inline outputs, small size and made of aluminum.

i agree the 205 probably wouldnt even fit. is the nissan case drivers or passenger drop? the only reason i dont want the samurai tcase us because the offset is the wrong side, i can make it work but it would be stronger by far if it was drivers drop.

thanks again guys!!

i wish a 205 was smaller... the lack of a deep low range would be offset by the fact that the married tcase has a 1.86-1 low range already.. im just not sure i have enough room for a 205...

It can be whatever you want it to be since it was standing upright from the factory with the outputs under the input. It only has a 2:1 lowrange though.

33100-80W00-2.JPG

i have a crazy project in mind that i will unveil if i ever actually get it off the ground.. what im looking for is a divorced transfercase that has drivers side offset front and rear and a decent low range, doesnt have to be huge or anything probably going to be under 100 hp and only spinning 35"s. thanks in advance guys!!

Take a HP diff, and retube to be pass drop...then you can run the Sami case...Just a thought...