• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

transmission help

trxguy

i am building an F-toy i am using my 22r for now... does anyone know what model number or what AUTOMATIC transmission i can put behind my engine.... i found some toyota pickups online that had 22r with auto trans but i could not find anywhere what trans it was so i know its possible...

thanks

Ive got an 86 extracab 4x4 with a auto tranny. It works great. Drove the truck for along time till I killed the head gasket on the pass.

$1000 complete truck (not a bad rig) with bad motor, but good tranny.

Ive got an 86 extracab 4x4 with a auto tranny. It works great. Drove the truck for along time till I killed the head gasket on the pass.

$1000 complete truck (not a bad rig) with bad motor, but good tranny.

thanks brad,
right after i posted this thread i found an adapter plate at LC engineering to do 22r to TH350/400 then i can get an adapter from advanced to go TH350 to toyota 4cyl case and dual them.....not 100% if thats what i am going to do but that is what i am looking at right now

two adapters is gonna be SPENDY:puke: ...sounds like a sweet setup though :awesomework: i might have a th400 laying around that i dont need

Whitetrash to the auto toyota tranny thread...

You can use a toyota auto bell housing (and input I think?) on a heep auto tranny, then do a NP231 doubled to a D300 and get front dig capabilities. Thats about all I know...:haha:

Whitetrash to the auto toyota tranny thread...

You can use a toyota auto bell housing (and input I think?) on a heep auto tranny, then do a NP231 doubled to a D300 and get front dig capabilities. Thats about all I know...:haha:

np231 is a full time case plus it is chain driven i used to run them in my mud bog trucks in virginia and NC then i swapped them out for the 205

np231 is a full time case plus it is chain driven i used to run them in my mud bog trucks in virginia and NC then i swapped them out for the 205

But, if you double it with a D300, you loose the chain driven part of the case, and just have the planetary reduction gears.

But, if you double it with a D300, you loose the chain driven part of the case, and just have the planetary reduction gears.

oooooooooooooooohhhhh ya :mad: :awesomework: i forgot about that..ya thats an option but dana 300 are not that cheap either....

all this th350 and fullsize talk got me wanting to just drop a 350 engine in and forget about the adapters.....

Good lord Mr undecided, what the hell are you gonna build....:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

F-toy has been decided now time to kick around keeping my engine or going 350 .......either way the biggest thing i am kicking around is auto or 5spd i like the 5spd over the auto but pretty much sitting on the floor in the ftoy like in ricks buggy so i forsee shifting with the clutch to suck......