• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

transmission+t-case

they are not too heavy, the t-case likes to roll the tranny off the floor jack, but very doable, its not too hard at all.

seriously :eeek: Get a decent manual and if you have one take dig. pics of everything before you take it apart. most arnt to hard to pull out but getting things lined up when your putting in back in can be flustrating. Buy or borrow a clutch alingment tool. (assuming your changing a clutch)

2nd on the manual. If you don't have a tranny jack, a couple of good sized straps over the frame rails & under the tranny will work to lower & raise it.Anchor to one side of the frame rail, a couple friends to help lower on the straps.

Hmm I need to do that too on my 87 truck. Got to find another unwanted A340H to put in my truck. Seems that my buddy borrowed my truck when I was overseas and somehow the front drive shaft CV blew up taking out some of the transmission case and damaging the pan so it leaks all the time. I would swap for a W56 but since I have a buyer for the truck that is going to put a V8 in it, there is no point.