• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transmission tuner

zig80toy

Please school me on these tuners you guys have to get more out of your diesels. I hear a lot of talk about getting more horsepower/torque out of the engine. Different power levels and so on, but what about the transmission? I feel like my truck is not shifting when it should and shifting up/down too often. Can shift patterns easily be changed? Sure, more horsepower whould be great, but i want a tuner/programmer than can modify trans performance just as easily as engine performance.
help

05 dodge CTD 4x4 auto.

Zig, my Edge J w/ A doesn't effect the trans..... not sure about others but prolly why tranny's don't last long behind them?

Call Rick @ Transmission Headquarters; 253-539-1988

Hypertechs higher end programmers you can change your shift points and rev limiter in each gear.

Sold two of them last week, they are awesome, also able to select tire size to correct your speedo!:awesomework:

OK, i don't disagree.
But this is what i want to know before i buy anything and start messing around with engine/trans programming.

EDit::corn:

what kind of truck do you have? There is tons of resources out there on diesel trucks, might want to start looking in depth further. But generally if you add some power to your truck and tow you need to upgrade atleast the valvebody and TC. Hell dodge autos die with a stock motor. Check out dieseltruckresource.com, nwbombers.com, etc

what kind of truck do you have? There is tons of resources out there on diesel trucks, might want to start looking in depth further. But generally if you add some power to your truck and tow you need to upgrade atleast the valvebody and TC. Hell dodge autos die with a stock motor. Check out dieseltruckresource.com, nwbombers.com, etc

Bottom of first POST: 05 dodge CTD 4x4 auto

No worries. I did do some searching and found other people with similar complaints.
This thread on dieseltruckresource.com has a few people complaining of the same issue i'm experiencing. Under light throttle the trans feels like its hunting for gears.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=196423
However, I didn't find anyone using aftermarket programmers to remedy the situation, so I guess i'm barking up the wrong tree with that approach.
I dunno, sounds like the governor solenoid in these trans can go bad and give you this problem..?
The transmission feels tight and shifts great while towing or under half throttle to balls out acceleration. When I slow down and just putt through town the trans feels like it can't figure out what gear to be in...