• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transmission Work 4L60E

mike d

Looking to get a different output shaft put in my 4l60E transmission, Been getting quotes from 700- 200 bucks.

I have the shaft from downey. Just need it swaped out. for the shaft thats in it now. Anyboady out there that can do it cheaper and know what there doing. In the downey manual it says any tranny shop can do this for 125bucks. Well that dosent seem to be the case.

I will get the # of the guy that rebuilt my sons 4l60e & transfer case for $1300. Everyone else wanted $1300 just to rebuild the tranny. He returned all the old parts when they picked it up & quality of work was good from what I can see. I put it in a couple weeks ago & it works great so far.

Curious why the different shaft?

If it's from Downey, I assume it's mating to a Toyota t-case?

I've never actually had to pay them for any work, but I would trust the Ricks at Snohomish Transmission (Monroe indutrial park). I've been in a couple times to discuss problems I was having - once with a 4L60E and once for my SM420 - and both times I walked away much smarter with the knowledge to fix the problems myself and no lighter in the wallet.

I'm sure they're not the cheapest, but I'd trust them to do it right and stand behind their work. I've rebuilt valve bodies before, but auto trannies are still kind of mysterious to me so they're one of the only things I'll pay someone else to work on and I'd rather pay once and be sure it's going to be right.

If it's from Downey, I assume it's mating to a Toyota t-case?

I've never actually had to pay them for any work, but I would trust the Ricks at Snohomish Transmission (Monroe indutrial park). I've been in a couple times to discuss problems I was having - once with a 4L60E and once for my SM420 - and both times I walked away much smarter with the knowledge to fix the problems myself and no lighter in the wallet.

I'm sure they're not the cheapest, but I'd trust them to do it right and stand behind their work. I've rebuilt valve bodies before, but auto trannies are still kind of mysterious to me so they're one of the only things I'll pay someone else to work on and I'd rather pay once and be sure it's going to be right.

Yes 4L60E - to Downey Adapter - to Toyota T-Case. Thanks for the info.

I will get the # of the guy that rebuilt my sons 4l60e & transfer case for $1300. Everyone else wanted $1300 just to rebuild the tranny. He returned all the old parts when they picked it up & quality of work was good from what I can see. I put it in a couple weeks ago & it works great so far.

Yeah, if you could track down this guys number that would be great.

Thanks