• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck value

tbacon38

I am looking at a C4500 Chevrolet and cant find anything on the value of the truck for the bank. Has anyone ever dealt with these trucks or tried financing one? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you talking brand new? We just picked up a 2008 C4500 for our small business, but don't think I can give you much advice. Seems to be a good truck, but it rides very rough. Haha.

Might want to check with your banker and insurance company, pretty sure they classify anything above a 3500 a commercial vehicle.

nhl_bullitt said:
but it rides very rough. Haha.

We have an F450 regular cab with flat bed on it at work for pulling gooseneck with and that bitch rides like a steel wheeled wagon. I had to drive it to the Fedex terminal in Gadsden one time an hour away on the interstate while unloaded and hurt my back to run 70 in it. :****:

It's a 2006 with less than 90k on it. I'm not buying it to drive so ride quality unloaded is not an issue. It will more than likely be hooked to my Enclosed 99% of the time. I just can't find a book value on it to show to the bank. Nada nor KBB has them listed.

These and box trucks are hard to find values for. Best option I have found is to look at comparable trucks on Comercialtrucktrader.com to get a good idea on sale prices.

tbacon38 said:
It's a 2006 with less than 90k on it. I'm not buying it to drive so ride quality unloaded is not an issue. It will more than likely be hooked to my Enclosed 99% of the time. I just can't find a book value on it to show to the bank. Nada nor KBB has them listed.
Lil Tim did you ask Mark Mathis? He just traded his in, but I don't know if he had financed that C4500 or paid cash for it when he bought it a few years ago?

jmh78 said:
These and box trucks are hard to find values for. Best option I have found is to look at comparable trucks on Comercialtrucktrader.com to get a good idea on sale prices.

gottagofast said:
Truckbluebook.com

I haven't used either of these sites, but check on racingjunk.com to see if you can find a couple of 4500s that are comparable to what you are looking for.

Have you thought about a single axle semi, I just picked up an old fed ex truck with 290,000 for 7,400$$. For just a pulling truck you can't beat them. As soon as I have time to get a flat bed on mine I'm going to drive the wheels off of it.

I ended up getting with my Banker and she looked up some for sale on the interweb. Said she didn't see a problem loaning the money after seeing what they were listed for and seeing the truck.

I pulled my trailer with it for the first time this past weekend, it pulls and handles the trailer great. Not a speed demon but will cruise at 70 and if needed will run on up to 80 very easily, its a little under powered when hitting a hill but 5-8MPH is all I have lost hitting a hill and that comparable to my old Dodge, I will take that over having to fight the trailer the whole time. This truck just handles the weight so much better than a one ton and is way more comfortable on the interstate. The ride is not so bad loaded and the air ride seats help when unloaded. I drove it to work this morning unloaded as I am down to just the Kodiak until I get my Ranger fixed. Looking back I feel I made a great decision and so far I am loving the Duramax and big truck, I drove it to town a couple times last week and to me it is easier to park than a regular 3500. This thing has a turning radius like you wouldn't believe, I even parallel parked it at the courthouse. I have never had a truck with an exhaust brake and its crazy, loaded with 19,000 pounds behind it I just have to barely touch the brakes when coming to a stop. I don't see driving it as a daily for very long but if need be I can, I bought it to pull my trailer yes I could have bought a day cab semi or something but I can haul my wife and kids +1 and ride in comfort. Needless to say I Love this truck and plan on having it until it wont run anymore.