• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tsf 7-29-06

JT Law

Started out just going out for a pickup/explore what's open day at TSF with Jeremy riding shotgun.

Got there and ran the open parts of FB5, then checked out Crushers and saw no one. Headed over to Saddle Up and got one look at the descent on the upper part and decided to head from Saddle Up to Airplane Hill.

Then we came across this nice long line of sweet rigs and got to chattin.

Ended up falling in line and met/made some new friends today from Cascade Cruisers and Vancouver Offroad, and had a generally great time, especially being able to finally get the long awaited shot on Cedar Tree for my Father.

Anyway, had a blast meeting you all, turned a slow day into a great one, so here's the links to what pics and vid we did get.

The 1st 30 or so pics are just ones Jeremy shot of me till we ran into the group, and the 3rd segment of the video would have ended better if I could have got the dang camera to zoom back out (no complaints tho, anytime I can vid a closeup of a pretty face :wink: )

http://community.webshots.com/album/552670928PFiwVR

http://media.putfile.com/TSF-07-29-06-Upper-SaddleUp

Looks like what is open now is the same trails as a couple weeks ago with the addition of both sections of Cedar Tree. Never did make it over to see if 7 Up or Airplane Hill were open.

Those new sliders and the locker worked freakin awesome!

Looks like fun. How was Cedar tree? I didnt get to try it last year before it was closed so its my goal to hit it this year. I'm leading a group of rigs next weekend and just seeing if its worth heading up that way, or just doing the usual fb5, archers, etc...

binderbound said:
Looks like fun. How was Cedar tree? I didnt get to try it last year before it was closed so its my goal to hit it this year. I'm leading a group of rigs next weekend and just seeing if its worth heading up that way, or just doing the usual fb5, archers, etc...

Hmmm, 2 weeks ago what we found open was Archers, FB5, Short hill of Hogsback, Crushers, Saddleup, sure there were others we just didn't get to.

This time Cedar was open too, seems like there is more room under the tree now, looks like the entry and exit have been smoothed down a bunch as I cleared it with a good 4" all around and last fall a shortcab early bronco had trouble fitting. It does have a couple of good spots now that have had some sizeable rocks added in tight turns.

If ya have the right group that isn't looking for/expecting anything unusual it can make for a good day between Hogsback, Saddleup, Archers (Rocky Uphill), FB5, and Cedar. We did have one rig along that made it down Cedar just fine both ways, stock TJ on 31" Geolander AT+II's, don't know what other trails he ran, we met that group as they were heading for Cedar.

We all usually get through the crushers but our last trip out took 12 hours to get out so this time we're gonna take it easy and just run trails.
339Dan-after-the-turn-1.jpg

doing hoodraiser and looping back to the other trails you mentioned makes for the best/longest day.... making a single loop that is...

Blueballs said:
doing hoodraiser and looping back to the other trails you mentioned makes for the best/longest day.... making a single loop that is...
Problem with hoodraiser is,my grandma could wheel that in her craftmatic adjustable bed.its almost less exciting than my driveway.I'm sure we'll keep ourselves busy.

binderbound said:
Problem with hoodraiser is,my grandma could wheel that in her craftmatic adjustable bed.its almost less exciting than my driveway.I'm sure we'll keep ourselves busy.

now thats some funny shiat right there :haha: :haha: :flipoff:

binderbound said:
Hey Stan! You gonna be up there this weekend? Might run into you. Just look for the group of misfit scouts:rolleyes:

Maybe Sunday, I have to work Sat.:clappy: No place I would rather be on a bright and beutifull Sat then at work :flipoff: . If I go Sunday I will be heading for the Crushers and will try to hook up with yah.

Sorry,I won't be up there Sunday.I just bought a house so my budget is tight.I'm doing the rubicon in Sept so I have to save my pennies for that.have fun!

Latest posts