• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TSF Sunday

JayH

Went to TSF on Sunday and ran Firebreak five, the small crushers loop (the larger one was still under a few feet of snow and I couldn't even make out the path of the trail,) Saddle Up, and Seven Up.

Got caught behind a small group with a Subaru that ended up breaking all four half shafts on the first leg of Firebreak five. Yikes.

Found the twenty foot high rock wall that is the entrance to Seven Up and said to myself, "I can't come all this way and not have any real challenge." So I hooked up a safety line and worked my way up the wall in about ten minutes." Got out, let out a whoop of success and took the time to rewind the entire 125 feet on my drum to let the adrenaline wear off before continuing on. Got another fifty yards up the trail and hit snow. Crap! The climb was maybe a tenth of a mile, at 45* or so and under one to three feet of hard packed slushy snow. I thought about backing down the wall I had just climbed, immediately thought better of it. Thought about winching all the way up that hill. Thought about backing down the wall I had just climbed, etc., etc. Finally broke out the winch and spent an hour and a half winching up to the top of the trail. GREAT day!

Here's a couple crappy cell phone pix. Sorry, none of the entrance to seven up. I wasn't getting out in the middle of that one!

crushers5_sm.jpg

crushers6_sm.jpg

crushers8_sm.jpg

7up2_sm.jpg

looks like the weather was a little nicer for ya sunday, was kinda nasty saturday. I guess i should have stayed another day. sounds like another good time:awesomework:

I did run the Busy a couple weekends ago, yes.

The weather was pretty good considering the forercast I had been reading all week long. Had one or two light, light sprinkles of a few minutes each and the rest of the day was partly sunny and high fifties, early sixties. Good for me too, cause I was breaking a sweat hauling the winch line around and hiking up the hill each time.