• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TSF Trip 9/18-9/21

Plug "Browns Camp OHV" into Google Maps and it'll take you right there. Very easy to find.

Just a reminder this is next week!

Currently TSF is closed due to fire danger though, I am keeping a close eye on that and hopefully it opens back up this weekend otherwise we will need to come up with a backup location

I am open to ideas of where else to go as well!

Bummer, I was planning on going on this run. The 10 day forecast does not look good for lifting the fire restriction.

Any interest in the Bend area or Naches?

yah I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll open it back up next friday or saturday morning. Crossing fingers!

Bummer, I was planning on going on this run. The 10 day forecast does not look good for lifting the fire restriction.

Any interest in the Bend area or Naches?
I was thinking Naches as a back-up. A group from another board has had a tradition of going up every year about this time. I missed last year and no one has stepped up this year. I was thinking of heading up there mid-October, but if TSF is a bust by say Wednesday, I'd be willing to head to Naches for some low-key wheeling.

Side benefit: Closer which equals less driving, less traffic, less gas and more wheeling!

My plan is to be wherever we are going mid morning thursday so unless they lift it wednesday im gonna head else where, Ive done Naches once this year already but my rig broke the first day lol so id be down to do that again or bend would be fun, there is also some talk on the PNWJeep board of hitting HooDoo in oregon as well. Either way we need tom solidify a secondary plan soon!

Since can't head in till Friday, and have to head out on Sunday afternoon, Naches is appealing.

We've camped off Quartz Creek the last couple times I've gone, and its a nice spot. Lots of room for rigs and trailers, there is a trail head right there and even a restroom.

I can't get my google-foo to work, but I was able to get 47.019987,-121.125277. If you toss it into Google Maps, there should be the red marker that comes up off 1901, and a green arrow that points to the camp area in question.

Sounds like pick-up the mountain is that weekend too, so the there might be more people than normal there. However if you get there on Thursday then there is a good chance of laying claim to the site.

Short directions: Hwy 410 to NF19 (little Naches Road, right at the tight switchback on 410 after you cross Naches River (heading east). Turn right onto NF1901 (Quartz Creek, after the left side turn off to Crow Creek). Then up 1901 for not too long to the camp site on the north side.

Best I can give you, been a couple years. I don't know where you normally camp.

Since can't head in till Friday, and have to head out on Sunday afternoon, Naches is appealing.

We've camped off Quartz Creek the last couple times I've gone, and its a nice spot. Lots of room for rigs and trailers, there is a trail head right there and even a restroom.

I can't get my google-foo to work, but I was able to get 47.019987,-121.125277. If you toss it into Google Maps, there should be the red marker that comes up off 1901, and a green arrow that points to the camp area in question.

Sounds like pick-up the mountain is that weekend too, so the there might be more people than normal there. However if you get there on Thursday then there is a good chance of laying claim to the site.

Short directions: Hwy 410 to NF19 (little Naches Road, right at the tight switchback on 410 after you cross Naches River (heading east). Turn right onto NF1901 (Quartz Creek, after the left side turn off to Crow Creek). Then up 1901 for not too long to the camp site on the north side.

Best I can give you, been a couple years. I don't know where you normally camp.

Ive always camped at what we call 11 mile camp or buggy camp but I have no idea how to explain to get there and its a long ways up a tight dirt road. I wont take my trailer over 410 though too tight and twisty for that beast id be dragging it through the oncoming lane the whole way :haha:

Trying to get opinions for others going as to where they want to go wheelin :awesomework: Should have a solid back up plan tomorrow evening though :cool:

I'm loading up my buggy Thursday and going to Naches with a few buddies anyone is welcome to tag along

After some discussion with Jacob and Jakob looks like we have about a 50/50 shot of it opening in time or not, all depends on how accurate the rain report is for tomorrow or not.

the backup plan is going to be a weekend at Elbe though, as Naches is too far for a couple Southern folks. The decision will get made around 8ish tomorrow night (or earlier if it rains a bunch and the reopen TSF), I heard a rumuor they would need at least a half an inch of rain before considering opening back up.

Either way if its Elbe or TSF I will be there mid morning and let you guys know which place for sure tomorrow night

Well after watching the weather all day and not seeing enough, if any, rainfall hit TSF today it looks like we are headed to Elbe for the weekend. Unless something drastically changes between now and 8-9 a.m. when I pull out of here in the morning which at this point I highly doubt it will

I left a message with Nancy earlier today asking about the camp ground at Elbe as well.

Let me know if you will be joining myself, Jacob and Jakob

206571ninesixfivezero