• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TSL radials?

Ours have lasted over two years in some reasonably tough wheeling. Everything was going fine until this last fall when a side wall got a cut almost half way around the tire by an angry root.

I had them before, 36x12.50-15, didn't like them. For wheeling get bias ply, for street get something other than swampers. I thought because they were radials they would be better on the street but they were just as bad as every swamper except no flat spotting being the only difference.

I put them on a driver/wheeler and the problem is they still drive crappy on the road but don't do as well off road as the bias. FWIW I've got Iroks now and love 'em! :awesomework:

I had TSL radials on my Jeep for about 6 months. Tough for a radial tire but not the best for wheeling in the PNW. I'd go with bias personally. DD/WW yes. Mostly trail rig, no.

I have been wanting to ask this question. Problem solved!

I am thinking Iroks are my answer. I rarely drive my truck, other than wheeling or general weekend cruising. I do drive to the trails though, including Naches...

Radials are not the ticket...sidewalls on just about every radial "wheeling" tire are prone to damage...

As mentioned, in the PNW we have roots, basalt based rock, etc. These things are not forgiving even if accidently brushed up against.

Bias ply...

I had them on my toyota, and they were junk.... They had terrible on and off road characteristics... The only nice thing about them is they lasted forever...

Don't buy them for your wheeler I've gone through 4 sidewalls, (cuts/blisters) but Les has taken care of me on 3 :cool: . Then they got smart.:mad:. I'll be looking to dump the ones I have soon. The 32" ones I ran for years with no trouble, went to the 36" and I guess its too much side wall because I've gone through the 4 in about a years time.