• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TTB on a rockcrawler/racer?

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
Found this randomly during a google image search for a project I'm working on... very interesting and there were no details where I found this photo....

DSCN0238.JPG

Theres a build thread on pirate in hardcore jeep forum. Its actually a nice setup and should haul ass.

Lots of attention to detail on that build. Been watching it since the start. Should be interesting to see run in the desert and have a Formula Offroad driver to boot.

ya thats YJ_and_Corey's build off pirate, Guy knows his stuff and does great work. Biggest thing I dont like about it is the 4.0 :puke:

I meant 42 Pitbulls vs Dana 44 TTB would be bad. :****:

But turns out it is a custom Dana 50TTB with 60 shafts. thumb.gif Should be interesting to watch it at KOH.

Speeding said:
Found this randomly during a google image search for a project I'm working on... very interesting and there were no details where I found this photo....

Very disappointing Ricky... I thought you were in the know :dunno::****:
Deffinatly a badass build... even with the 4.0l skully

I think it will work ok, but I think his tire choice and size is wrong. A ttb front has really bad camber change and at higher speed is just bad juju. Plus your steering has to be daed nuts, and you need all the big dawg steering **** to make it work right. Whats his travel #'s for the front? Most are around 15"-18" that I have seen, and I think those are safe #'s. I know some guys claim more ,but I never really see any proof of them working well. If he would of stayed around a 35"-37" max tire I think he would have a bad ass rig.

Holy **** you non pirate living rock dwellers. What about the Torchmate jesse haines ttb build, or the Texas koh ttb build Also, YJ and corey posted above is doing one. Lots of discusssion on it, go to the Torchmate thread and there are a lot of questions answered :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924520&page=7

I think its pretty sick. Brad said it though, wrong tires for that buggy. This seems like pretty good compromise for rock crawling/haulin nut sack if it is set up right.

Yeah check out the torchmate build, if anyone can do it right it will be Jesse Haines and the torchmate guys

All I can say about the texas ttb is that it will be in someones pocession come december and gonna be a mad sprint before koh. There are gonna be some very nice parts put into it with a big name supension tuner who knows all about ttb.

I have mentioned this idea and thought about it many times my self, but I just don't think your going to see a big enough difference over a ttb and a solid axle untill the steering , and the stability and camber issues are addressed better. I think the stability thing will be an easy solution, and the camber thing shouldn't be to much of an issue. The steering is the biggest mountain to overcome. It just gets more difficult the faster you go. I don't know from personal experience, but I have read my fair share and listened to a few guys over the phone (Jeff howe steering) give me a 20 minute lecture about steering and going fast. I think it's possible, but I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig with my piggy bank busted opened.

How many of these setups will be at KOH? count even the secret ones to.
I deffinitly got to get out there this year.