• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

For Sale Tube frame Buggy - Street Legal

AEH

Rock Buggy WOD Hill Killer
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3881.jpeg

Started with a Wide Open Design Evolution chassis. Buggy has a built LS1 with a mild cam. Approximately 1500 miles on the motor. Built turbo 350 with a 2700 stall bear converter. Atlas II transfer case. Raceline bead locks, 37" Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 tires. 14" Radflow remote reservoir shocks and Radflow bump stops. Rock Assault 35 spline 9" in the rear. Dana high pinion 44 in the front. Yukon Chrome Molly axles, Reid Knuckles, super joints , etc. Detroit lockers, front and rear.

Too much to list but that's the basics. The buggy is street legal and has an Arkansas title as a 1973 jeep CJ. It has head light, tail lights and turn signals, etc.

It's has all the creature comforts and was built to be wife friendly. Full Doors, heated PRP seats, has a heater under the dash with defrost vents in the dash(haven't run the coolant lines yet). Driver seat has slide adjustment, tilt steering. Removable safety glass windshield. Has the biggest flowmasters I could fit and tail pipes run all the way to the back so it's a quiet buggy. Radiator fan controlled by "Auto Guy" controller so it only runs as fast as necessary to keep it cool so it's very quiet too.

Firewall and floor pans are all fully welded aluminum and removable. Inside is powder coated and outside is coated in lizard skin heat shield to keep the heat out of the cabin. Cooler rack, tool box, blue tooth soundbar. Speed hut gauges, warn wench, rigid light bar.

The buggy has a bell crank steering system similar to some Ultra 4 4500 cars. Has a PSC hydraulic assist steering but has a mechanical link all the way so if you loose hydraulic, you can still drive it with manual steering. (Works awesome)

I have put about 50 miles on it so far. Everything is powder coated except the frame. I wanted to give it a shake down before coating and make sure nothing needed to be changed or modified. I spent 8 years building the buggy and over that time my interests have changed so I'm going to sell it and move on.

My ultimate goal was to build a 609 front axle so I designed the front truss so I could cut it off and swap in a new axle. So if the Dana 44 is an issue, then this might not be the buggy for you.

It has a lot of really nice features you'll only see if you take a close look. You won't be disappointed in the quality. Every part on it is brand new or completely rebuilt. I don't intend to trade and of course, if you are reading this, then it's available.

Still needs a few things like limit straps. Tabs are welded to the frame but need tabs on the axles. Needs heater plumbing and switch mounted. Two front rock lights need mounted. (Wiring is there). Might be something else but that's all I can think of right now.

It's located in Greenwood Arkansas
$57,500. Message me if interested

IMG_7903.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg
IMG_7873.jpeg
IMG_7917.jpeg
IMG_7916.jpeg
IMG_7914.jpeg
IMG_7897.jpeg

IMG_7912.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice looking setup. Unless you got deal you would have have double that in it with the cost of parts not counting labor. Best of luck selling it.

Unfortunately not enough deals, lol. And I've got receipts for more that my asking price not to mention labor. Most everything was purchased pre-Covid and Biden-flation so I'd really be upside down at today's prices.

I'll answer a couple questions here I've been asked

Upper links are 2" 7075 with 1" heims
Lower links are 2.5" 7075 with 1" heims

Yes that's a 2" receiver hitch and no, not for a trailer, but I guess you could. For a D-link recovery point. And I built a receiver hitch rack to haul camping gear and intended to build a spare tire carrier to use when you'd want to drag one along but never did.

Gears are 4.88. Atlas 4.3:1

I'll answer a couple questions here I've been asked

Upper links are 2" 7075 with 1" heims
Lower links are 2.5" 7075 with 1" heims

Yes that's a 2" receiver hitch and no, not for a trailer, but I guess you could. For a D-link recovery point. And I built a receiver hitch rack to haul camping gear and intended to build a spare tire carrier to use when you'd want to drag one along but never did.

Gears are 4.88. Atlas 4.3:1
The hitch rack is a mighty good idea.