• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

turbo 350 rebuild

uhohhotdog151

Ok, so I have a turbo 350 in my buggy. I'm having it rebuilt currently. I have very limited time and money, and know practically nothing about auto trans. The companies I have talked to quoted me around $900 for parts alone. The guy that's rebuilding it for me thinks I should be able to get the parts quite a bit cheaper. I was hoping to get some input from someone that knows more about autos in wheelers and could point me in the right direction as to what I really need, and where the best place to get the parts.

what I need
-stage 3 shift kit
-complete rebuild kit
-bushing kit
-low stall torque converter
-low/reverse planetary w/ new bushings

Thanks for the help fellas!

Yes, that is way high.
Order a rebuild kit from ebay with kevlar bands and good frictions & steels. Have a converter built for your application and it will be the biggest improvement you can do. I would recommend A1 in vancouver wa. They can sell you the rebuild kit also if you like with the manual valvebody shift kit.

I'm not comfortable ordering critical components off ebay..I'm sure it would be fine, but I've been screwed too many times to trust an ebay part to not leave me stranded. But I will check out A1. thanks!

Look up "Big Red 88". I sold him an NP 203 a while back and at that time he worked/managed a tranny shop in Snohomish. Seemed like a pretty decent guy. I just looked him up and looks like he has been on in the past month, so he's still around.

I just paid 900 for my tranny rebuild. I had all sorts of issues though. Bent output, lost reverse. Rmvb is a must though. I got quoted from 3 different shops ranging from 700-900. My advice is to have someone build it, who knows what its going to be used for.

Transmission Rebuild Company in Kent can supply parts and they have a converter shop that can do custom torque converters.

Will strange does my th350s and th400s parts and labor cheaper than the 900 you were quoted.

Talk to Will at Strange tranny. LOTS here will vouch for his quality and cost effectiveness. He is right here in the Graham area. He is a gear head too.

http://www.strangetransmission.com/ 253 370 0086 Will.

X3 for Willie! He did the TH350 in my yota and it has taken a beating. I broke the housing a year after he built it and he swapped all the parts to a new one for dirt cheap and said he'd replace anything he found worn inside for free.