• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

turbo 350 tc

uhohhotdog151

So I just had my turbo 350 rebuilt. The trans shop supplied the new torque converter. I'm having an issue gettin the tc to seat all the way. The large splines appear to be a slightly differ shape. My question is whether or not all 27 spline inputs are the same or not. I had assumed the shop tested the tq, but I'm starting to think not. Ive never had this much trouble with a torque converter. Any ideas?

I've had some transmissions I had to stand straight up to get the torque converter to seat. Is it even engaging the 1st time?

All TH350 and 400 should have the same splines. The last of the 3 steps to line up are the dogs on the pump (2 notches on the end of the converter). Is it at least going that far?

spin it around a few times while pushing on it. It should seat in there with a big clunk. You're probably going to have to have someone or something hold the output shaft so the gears dont spin while turning the TC

got it. it was on all the way. Its just a thin body low stall converter, so it didnt look like it was on all the way. Its way thinner than any converter ive ever seen. low stall or not.