• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Two zuks

Fordzuki

Zuk Hoarder
The beginning of this week, I got a call from Joe, a buddy I used to work with, who wanted to take his LJ up to Elbe for the weekend. So with a few late nights, and the help of Zukkev and Jprcrpr94 getting me some sidegears, I got the rig together, and headed out today a little after 11am.
Just a nice easy day, there were plenty of other people there flogging their **** so I was able to keep my rig in one piece. :redneck:

100_1094.jpg

100_1095.jpg

Had to stay and watch the show.

100_1100.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1105.jpg

Didn't even get an urge... :haha:

100_1108.jpg

100_1109.jpg

100_1111.jpg

100_1115.jpg

And this guy, lost his rear driveline, and was trying to get out of the bowl with front wheel drive and wet bald tires. :haha: Awesome show. :awesomework:

Kindof reminds me of a little expedition rig.
100_1116.jpg

It was good fun, nobody broke anything, and he kept up with me pretty good for ifs and a really low belly.

Last edited:
Two things, what is that LJ body on? Sidekick frame?

Also, did you see a red mid 90' F-150 (std cab short box, lift a little bit), and/ or an early 80's red solid axle Yota with a small lift up there at Elbe?
A guy in my autoshop class said he was heading up there, and that is what he was driving.

Excellent Derrick!!! And X2 on your buddy's LJish thingy, what'd he use for the platform??? Looks way cool...but when you gonna talk him into a SAS???
Doesn't look as I will get to go play in the woods..:booo: But BodyDamage and I went for a motorcycle ride yesterday!

Last edited:
That's what's kind of funny. His is a '72 Lj20 also, but his is sitting on a shortened Luv chassis. It's running the izuzu 1.8, IFS and stock gearing. I've told him for years he needs to throw some sami axles in it, but after seeing it out on the trail yesterday, he really doesn't need to change anything. :eeek: It's really surprising what that thing will do, and it's all because of the welded rear, short wheelbase and of course the LTBs. :awesomework:
He is planning on throwing some yota axles under it, mostly just for the gearing options, but the LJ is his wheeler while he builds up his sami. :awesomework:

And dogboy, I saw I don't know how many yotas out there yesterday, and the only fullsize ford I saw was the bucking bronco. :haha: That guy was flogging that **** hard. I took a look on the gotcha for your strap, but it was gone (obviously).

Ok, thanks!

If my buddy was up there, he would have been wheeling the Yota and the F-150 was his tow rig. Not that it matter much.

I love the look of that LJ though, nice and low and wide. Not that it is very effective (sounds like it worked though), but I like it.