• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate tow rig?

kcmwgreg said:
they have had a metric **** ton of problems with the 6.7 . we have had at least 6 in the last month all needing motors
What kind of problems have they had? I thought it was essentially the same engine as the 5.9 with a larger bore.

having alot of stuff go bad in the fuel system . injectors staying open , 3 of the ones this month have broke # 1 rod and sent it out of the side of the block . 1 needed all six injectors at 6000 miles and dodge would not warrenty it because it was a 3500 and had it reg. as a commercial tow rig ... most of the stufff has been in he top end .

kcmwgreg said:
we got some new info at the dealership where i work . there are plans for a 2010 mega cab long bed but the body might change . also they dont know how long they will have a cummins power plant . dodge has there own diesel in the works for the 1500,2500 3500. 4500 , 5500. will have ops. like cat , bens,cummins , they have had a metric **** ton of problems with the 6.7 . we have had at least 6 in the last month all needing motors

Dang, Ill be holding out for sure. 5500 with a Cat, call up Oneal!

POPS58 said:
I know where you can get a 2003 F-250 four door all leather,Edge,22" wheels,some kind of big tires,little over 100,000 miles,goose neck ball,trailor brakes,4.88 gears,All engine work needed to be done by Ford done,This truck will pull anything,ready for a new home.PM for more info.

That is a NICE truck. If I had not already bought my money hole Power Wagon, I would have jumped on several trucks, yours being one of them.

B Gillespie said:
Oneal needs to get on the horn with Chrysler and get them to start making a 5500 Mega Cab with at least 84" C-A.

IMGP0670.jpg

Dang, thanks Steven! Its not a mega cab, but they are certainly bigger than the quad cabs. :woot:

At 6'3", I cant ride for long in the back of mine if another tall person is sitting in front of me.

apeters89 said:
What kind of problems have they had? I thought it was essentially the same engine as the 5.9 with a larger bore.

The 6.7 is tolerable as long as you never let the motor idle / drive in town . or hell stop period while it is running :wtflol:

That would never work for me I crank my truck at 5:15 A.M. and dont shut it off till I get home around 5 or 6 P.M. ;D Thanks to company fuel :dblthumb:

J.A.B said:
The 6.7 is tolerable as long as you never let the motor idle / drive in town . or hell stop period while it is running :wtflol:

ive got an 08 with the 6.7 and it runs all day long and idles alot and have not a problem with it :dblthumb:

Latest posts