• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 - Tear Down in Tennessee (AOP, South Pittsburg, TN) East series

I had a cool spot

Busy spot that was for sure, although still not seen any pictures from there...

We parked and walked down to 41 to watch them come through there. Some good bumper to bumper action as they were coming through that rocky section.
Very cool. I always figured that section of 41 would be a good spot to watch from, but hadn't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Here's all I took.

Attachments

• u42.jpg
    u42.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 197
  • u4.jpg
    u4.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 194
  • u43.jpg
    u43.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 211
Busy spot that was for sure, although still not seen any pictures from there...

Very cool. I always figured that section of 41 would be a good spot to watch from, but hadn't tried it yet.
Rachel took a ton. I'll get onto her to upload to your google thingy

Here's all I took.

That's more pictures than you normally take!

Rachel took a ton. I'll get onto her to upload to your google thingy
No rush on y'alls part. He mentioned getting the photos to flip but not sure how to add them to the Album on Sunday night. If I had known there were only three I would have had him text them to me.

That's more pictures than you normally take!

No rush on y'alls part. He mentioned getting the photos to flip but not sure how to add them to the Album on Sunday night. If I had known there were only three I would have had him text them to me.

You really gonna call me out like that....

Cade was definitely hauling the mail, as was Miller after having to do the steering pump change in the pits.

Haha. Got to talking with her and that's Dave's lady friend and she was originally from Gallatin/Portland TN area.
I'll shut my mouth!!!

Last edited:
I asked about that as well. Was told it was placed that way so the announcers/staff/Ultra4 VIP's could see the same thing the fans were seeing.
I figured it was for the announcers, but did they need a Jumbo Tron? If the fans could have seen it as well, I could understand it.

I figured it was for the announcers, but did they need a Jumbo Tron? If the fans could have seen it as well, I could understand it.

Announcers were using the laptops for the most part so no. Dave and some of his family/friends/VIP's were watching the screen though.

Either way, I was glad to have the screen there since we got to see way more coverage than otherwise.

@extremetownie Race Recap

What an eventful weekend at the Ultra4 Racing Tear down in Tennessee at Adventure Offroad Park & Nature Center.
The weekend prior to the race Roger and I went out for a little practice and some more seat time for us both. We need to work on the little things like communication, gps function and just how the car reacts to the terrain. Not an hour in to our Saturday practice we broke another axle. Roger and I were upset to say the least. Not wanting to spend the money on 300m since a new axle is getting put together. We loaded it on the trailer and went home. That night Roger had an big idea! He explained to me that since the bouncer was down with brand new d80's why not just throw it under the front of the car.
1f92f.png

1f92f.png
1f92f.png
we talked about the difference's and Roger was certain it would work and NOT break.

This man stripped both front ends out and shoehorned the 80 in the front of the 4400car in less than a week.
Thursday night we arrived at aop with a car that hadn't been driven since the work was done. On Friday late morning Roger and I suited up to do a little course inspection. We soon heard a god awful rattling and banging that felt like it was in our feet and ass coming from under the car. At inspection we found the front yoke was contacting the upper link under compression and had destroyed the billet caps. Jason Duckett and Paul Runge saw that the driveshaft was bottoming out as well. With zero adjustment left in the upper links to rotate the pinion down. we new we needed to pull the uppers and the driveshaft and shorten them both. It was 2:00pm at this point and the drivers meeting was getting ready to start. We had to attend that to find out what time we needed to line up for qualifying that day. We had about 2 1/2 hrs to get it done. With the help of Jason, Paul, Jimmy and David we tore everything down, cut up and put back together in about 2hrs or so. Most of that time was searching for tubing and a welder. Qualifying went well and allowed us to start 10th 1:43sec. We we're pretty damn happy about that. Saturday morning nerves where high all day until we got to the starting line. The green flag dropped and off we went, 4wd wasn't fully engaged and we lost time on the first hill. Once we got that right we made quick work. Quickly we heard sirens behind us. We pulled over and usd sticky buggy went around us and got wedged between a rock and a tree. We went to pass him on the left and barrel rolled right in front of him onto our wheels we hooted and fist bumped. He passed us during that moment lol then before the top of the next hill we had passed them again. The rest of the first lap was good and steady learning the course. To complete one lap of that course we felt rewarded and spirits were high.

Start of the second lap we made quick work of everything not getting hung up and no rollovers. We lost Communication with our pits and needed a thumbs up that the car was ok. We pulled into the pits for a quick check over and strapped the spare tire down. Lap 3 we were feeling good the top guys had lapped everyone by this point. ( those guys are stupid fast! Like fn gone as soon as they passed you) coming down uncle Steve Chip was in a bad spot at the bottom and wedged in good. JT was out directing things. We tried to go around per JT's direction and slid under chips car wedging us under him. The leaders at that point are all behind us and sirens whaling. A winch was pulled and yanked us out. Chip was able to pull forward a bit and we were off trying to find a spot to pull off knowing the top guys are on our ass. We pulled off and 3 cars passed. With no sirens to hear we pulled back on corse and slid the driver side off in the soft stuff. Quickly grabbing reverse sent us rolling into the woods stopping upside down. We struggled getting out of the car quickly.( not as easy under pressure as you think) I was out first then assisted getting roger out of the car. We assess the situation as cars flew by overhead started to pull winch to right the car. Pulling it sent it tumbling further breaking the winch line but it was on its side now. Made a quick tie in the line, winched it on its wheels. Made sure it would turn over it did and we strapped back in to get to the pits. With a broken heim on the front sway-bar progress was slow getting back.

Rolled into pits and it was all hands on deck. Roger and I both got out to help with fluids and repairs. Brian BMan was there to help the pit guys and quickly told roger and I to get in and strap up let them do the work. They did repairs and off to start lap 4. Pumped isn't even the word for the emotion we both had at that point. The course had really been chewed up taking hits we hadn't before like a ping pong ball we made it a little over half way when the trans started to overheat, a high steer bolt sheared off the driver front pigeon towing the rig. We struggled to get it out of the course Bill was at the intersection for recovery help if we need it. We got it safe and decided to drink some water and watch at that point. Darren Jason, and Paul brought us a bolt to fix the steering, and Darren hooked the strap to the baby hauler 2.0 and dragged us back to camp. Trans was pouring fluid!!!
Over all I personally think we did killer considering the harshness of the course JT, ultra4 and Benji came up with. The tsl/sx 43's took a beating and held up to everything we did to them. Front axle stayed together nothing major broke we think. We ate and drank into the night walking and talking to everyone. Like any other wheeling weekend everyone is all smiles, friendly and laughing. Couldn't ask to be in a better part of racing than ultra4 offroad racing. Everyone helps everyone we have found so far. Thank you to everyone that came by to show support and everyone on the live feed cheering us on. Thank you to Ultra4 Racing to continue to improve this sport to the next level. The live feed was incredible to watch with the drones chasing cars cameramen everywhere throughout the course well done to everyone involved. 

203667738_3788310547940913_7789007491727634387_n.jpg

209290116_4490994304258250_8780312471944696043_n.jpg

Last edited:
@extremetownie Race Recap

What an eventful weekend at the Ultra4 Racing Tear down in Tennessee at Adventure Offroad Park & Nature Center.
The weekend prior to the race Roger and I went out for a little practice and some more seat time for us both. We need to work on the little things like communication, gps function and just how the car reacts to the terrain. Not an hour in to our Saturday practice we broke another axle. Roger and I were upset to say the least. Not wanting to spend the money on 300m since a new axle is getting put together. We loaded it on the trailer and went home. That night Roger had an big idea! He explained to me that since the bouncer was down with brand new d80's why not just throw it under the front of the car.
1f92f.png

1f92f.png
1f92f.png
we talked about the difference's and Roger was certain it would work and NOT break.

This man stripped both front ends out and shoehorned the 80 in the front of the 4400car in less than a week.
Thursday night we arrived at aop with a car that hadn't been driven since the work was done. On Friday late morning Roger and I suited up to do a little course inspection. We soon heard a god awful rattling and banging that felt like it was in our feet and ass coming from under the car. At inspection we found the front yoke was contacting the upper link under compression and had destroyed the billet caps. Jason Duckett and Paul Runge saw that the driveshaft was bottoming out as well. With zero adjustment left in the upper links to rotate the pinion down. we new we needed to pull the uppers and the driveshaft and shorten them both. It was 2:00pm at this point and the drivers meeting was getting ready to start. We had to attend that to find out what time we needed to line up for qualifying that day. We had about 2 1/2 hrs to get it done. With the help of Jason, Paul, Jimmy and David we tore everything down, cut up and put back together in about 2hrs or so. Most of that time was searching for tubing and a welder. Qualifying went well and allowed us to start 10th 1:43sec. We we're pretty damn happy about that. Saturday morning nerves where high all day until we got to the starting line. The green flag dropped and off we went, 4wd wasn't fully engaged and we lost time on the first hill. Once we got that right we made quick work. Quickly we heard sirens behind us. We pulled over and usd sticky buggy went around us and got wedged between a rock and a tree. We went to pass him on the left and barrel rolled right in front of him onto our wheels we hooted and fist bumped. He passed us during that moment lol then before the top of the next hill we had passed them again. The rest of the first lap was good and steady learning the course. To complete one lap of that course we felt rewarded and spirits were high.

Start of the second lap we made quick work of everything not getting hung up and no rollovers. We lost Communication with our pits and needed a thumbs up that the car was ok. We pulled into the pits for a quick check over and strapped the spare tire down. Lap 3 we were feeling good the top guys had lapped everyone by this point. ( those guys are stupid fast! Like fn gone as soon as they passed you) coming down uncle Steve Chip was in a bad spot at the bottom and wedged in good. JT was out directing things. We tried to go around per JT's direction and slid under chips car wedging us under him. The leaders at that point are all behind us and sirens whaling. A winch was pulled and yanked us out. Chip was able to pull forward a bit and we were off trying to find a spot to pull off knowing the top guys are on our ass. We pulled off and 3 cars passed. With no sirens to hear we pulled back on corse and slid the driver side off in the soft stuff. Quickly grabbing reverse sent us rolling into the woods stopping upside down. We struggled getting out of the car quickly.( not as easy under pressure as you think) I was out first then assisted getting roger out of the car. We assess the situation as cars flew by overhead started to pull winch to right the car. Pulling it sent it tumbling further breaking the winch line but it was on its side now. Made a quick tie in the line, winched it on its wheels. Made sure it would turn over it did and we strapped back in to get to the pits. With a broken heim on the front sway-bar progress was slow getting back.

Rolled into pits and it was all hands on deck. Roger and I both got out to help with fluids and repairs. Brian BMan was there to help the pit guys and quickly told roger and I to get in and strap up let them do the work. They did repairs and off to start lap 4. Pumped isn't even the word for the emotion we both had at that point. The course had really been chewed up taking hits we hadn't before like a ping pong ball we made it a little over half way when the trans started to overheat, a high steer bolt sheared off the driver front pigeon towing the rig. We struggled to get it out of the course Bill was at the intersection for recovery help if we need it. We got it safe and decided to drink some water and watch at that point. Darren Jason, and Paul brought us a bolt to fix the steering, and Darren hooked the strap to the baby hauler 2.0 and dragged us back to camp. Trans was pouring fluid!!!
Over all I personally think we did killer considering the harshness of the course JT, ultra4 and Benji came up with. The tsl/sx 43's took a beating and held up to everything we did to them. Front axle stayed together nothing major broke we think. We ate and drank into the night walking and talking to everyone. Like any other wheeling weekend everyone is all smiles, friendly and laughing. Couldn't ask to be in a better part of racing than ultra4 offroad racing. Everyone helps everyone we have found so far. Thank you to everyone that came by to show support and everyone on the live feed cheering us on. Thank you to Ultra4 Racing to continue to improve this sport to the next level. The live feed was incredible to watch with the drones chasing cars cameramen everywhere throughout the course well done to everyone involved. 

203667738_3788310547940913_7789007491727634387_n.jpg

209290116_4490994304258250_8780312471944696043_n.jpg
Thank you for copying and pasting this from the Facebook page Patrick. I forget about this site sometimes. Lol

Latest posts