• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 - Tear Down in Tennessee - AOP, South Pittsburg, TN - June 17-19, 2022

which class was 4900? that would have been fun if i'd seen it. or had a fire suit. or had any idea what i was doing.
UTV class.

Overall had a blast this weekend. Took over 400 pictures so will go through them and post a couple with a recap later this week.

Highlights for me was our 14 month old son joining us to watch the races, hang out with race teams with him, and camp Saturday night all for the first time.

Last edited:
Overall had a blast this weekend. Took over 400 pictures so will go through them and post a couple with a recap later this week.
We had a good time. I took like 10 pictures and posted them to ig. Lol

Good seeing you up there Patrick. Next time we can run some trails together.

Had a good few days at AOP. Got there Wednesday mid day ish. Got set up in the heat so that was fun........ Had a shock to finish up for a racer so I knocked that out. Hung out with the AOP/U4/MAO crews. Thursday I had a finish up tune session for a trail buggy customer. Whooped that out first thing and hung out with everyone who was rolling in by that point. Cody got there mid day so we get him all set up and we took the race rig out that afternoon evening for some pre-running. We did 2 laps. Friday morning we did a little more pre-running and hit the joker line which was down Riot Hill. Cleaned it pretty easy. By that time the qualifying course was open so we threw down a few laps on it. Drivers meeting at 12:30 and then qualifying. Qualifying went well for us. We hit our spots and ended up in 9th position for Saturday. We wanted better but honestly not a bad place to be.
q1.PNG

q2.PNG

Saturday I got up and fixed a couple shocks for a rock bouncer racer and hung out until our race that ended up starting about 2pm. We got off the line on a mission! Cody and I made the decision to hit the joker line first lap. We had good coms with main pit so I was able to make sure no one was jammed up on the line before we made a turn to commit to going down Riot. Just like pre-running, we nailed the lines and came out of the woods and out into the field and short course area flying! We had no idea but we laid down what ended up being the fastest lap of the day in 4400. Cruised through the pit row and were off again. Lap 2 went as good as lap 1. Cody was nailing the lines. We mixed things up with Cade Rodd and he ended up letting us pass. We caught up to Rusty Byler in the woods and paced with him all the way through the rest of the lap. Just not a lot of passing opportunities. He had to pit for a flat. He must have picked it up as we exited the woods or the rock pile. We heading out for our 3rd lap. This is where things started going south for us. During the 3rd lap we noticed a cylinder had dropped. We could hear it and Cody could tell driving. We keep up a good pace and had another clean lap. We decided not to stop. Down one cylinder wasn't gonna stop us. So out on the 4th lap we went. That's when things got worse. At some point before the creek bed on 41 we were down more cylinders. Come to find out it was the whole driver bank. We limped through the rest of the 4th lap. Still passed a couple racers but the engine was pissed. We hit the pits to see if they could figure it out but after swapping wires, plugs, messing with coils and checking wiring, the culprit couldn't be found. We spent enough time letting pits diagnose we were down at least 1 lap. Cody and I made the decision to call it. We didn't want to end up a trail plug or hurt anything. Pretty disappointing. But positive notes were we our fast lap of the day in 4400 and leading the race for 2 laps. Both are new for us! Hopefully we can get this engine situation sorted and we'll be heading to MAO for Visions.

r1.PNG

r2.PNG

cody.PNG

UTV class.

Highlights for me was our 14 month old son joining us to watch the races, hang out with race teams with him, and camp Saturday night all for the first time.
If you got any picture of my 645 car please let me know brother!

We had a good time. I took like 10 pictures and posted them to ig. Lol

Good seeing you up there Patrick. Next time we can run some trails together.
I'm constantly taking pictures at offroad things and just hope a couple come out looking alright for a phone picture. Twas good to see you too and hoping to get some more seat time too.

If you got any picture of my 645 car please let me know brother!
I just went through my pictures and only got the one of you from Qualifying that I posted in here.

Many thanks to all the racers for coming to the park and to the folks with Ultra4 and @adventureoffroadpark for all their work putting on the races. Your work didn't go unnoticed and heard several compliments throughout the weekend from various people. Looking forward to the next one!

I have WAY more pictures than the ones I just posted but that's a pretty good highlight reel. I can post more pictures if desired though.

Latest posts